FOREX Quotes and Symbols Strange Symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOREX Quotes and Symbols Strange Symbols

The USDJPY A0-FX shows a value of 0.0162, but other USDJPY spot from other vendor services show 0.9365.

It looks like the value for USDJPY for Esignal is really something closer to JPYUSD.

Why does E-signal have the pairs switched for some symbols and not others? Is it for all USDxxx pairs? I see most USDxxx may actually be the reverse xxxUSD.

But for EURCAD A0-FX, Esignal is consistent with other vendors at 1.6017. NZDCAD A0-FX is also consistent at 0.7101. So is EURCHF A0-FX at 1.5081.

Other than telling me to use JPY A0-FX instead, and also just hanging up on me in chat, I am not getting a reasonable answer. Why not have USDJPY be what it is supposed to be? There is no JPYUSD A0-FX in the Esignal symbol list, but why name it USDJPY against convention and ESignal's symbol rules for FOREX?

Anyone else find this strange? I use ESignal as data vendor for a third-party software, and this naming convention confuses it.

worldtrader,

I am sorry to hear about your experience whilst using the LiveChat facility. It may have been that the system crashed which unfortunately does happen sometimes.

The symbol for the Japanese Yen against the US Dollar is JPY A0-FX which is the one I believe you want to use.

In general, if you wish to get a currency against the US Dollar you will need to enter the 3 letter currency code only plus spot/forward rate code and -FX at the end eg British Pound against US Dollar is GBP A0-FX. This format is the same for all currencies against the US Dollar.

For any other Forex Cross Rates you will have to include both currency pairs eg British Pound against the EURO is GBPEUR A0-FX.

You may also find this article on our Knowledge Base of interest which covers general information for the Forex.

I hope this helps,
    Christine B.
    eSignal

Comment

worldtrader,

I had the same issue.

Try using the symbol below instead (be sure to include all the spaces).

10000 / JPY A0-FX

Greg

Comment

Working...
      X