$vix colored candlestick bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $vix colored candlestick bars

I've noticed that when I use $vix on both an intraday basis and daily that the up or down bar colors on the candlesticks don't reflect reality. Yes I know that vix is calculated only 4 or so times a minute, but I cant see how that would be a problem. I compared the candlesticks both visually and by cursor tracking info on each bar. Each bar is not wrong but there plenty that are.

Christine

as I have pondered this issue, I'm getting myself confused. Aging isnt pretty. Anyhow, I think that the up and down bars are determined for the current bar. What I am looking for is for the bars to reflect the close in relation to the close of the prior bar. Now that I have spent too much time contemplating this issue, I cant see the forest for the trees. Is there an efs in existence that paint bars in relation to the close of the prior bar?

Comment

Christine
      I believe the attached efs does what you want.
      It will paint the bar blue if current close is higher than prior and red if lower.
      Alex
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ACM; 07-07-2003, 10:18 AM.

Comment

thanks so much Alexis! works like a charm.

Comment

Christine
          You are welcome.
          If you are using candlesticks and want to see more detail attached is an efs that will plot hollow or filled candles if the bar's close is above/below the open and will color them depending on the bar's close being above/below the prior bar's close (see image) .
          The settings in Edit Studies for candlestick chart should be as shown in the bottom image.
          Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X