TRIN 2-minute chart missing bars today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRIN 2-minute chart missing bars today

On a 2 minute chart of $TRIN, I have a bar at 12:38 PM EST, but none for 12:40, 12:42, or 12:44; the next is 12:46. Similarly I have a 13:04 bar, but then I am missing the next 2, with the next to appear being the 13:10. This problem is throwing my analyses off. I tried Ctrl / OK to refresh the chart, but I get the same result afterwards.
    Tom

The problem continues

More bars were missing in the afternoon as well today, 7/7/03. The 2-minute advanced chart of $TRIN has a 2:38 and 2:40 bar, but then skips 2:42, 2:44, 2:46, and only starts to display data again at 2:48.
    Unfortunately there was no feedback or resolution.
    Tom

Comment

Tom,

I apologize for the delay in a response. The eSignal generated indices, such as $TRIN, $UVOL, and $DVOL, do not update if there are no changes in their value. This is primarily done to save bandwidth. An FAQ on the subject can be found here.

I hope this clears up any confusion.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

That explanation doesn't jive with I am seeing today, 7/8//03. The 2 minute bars at 13:42 and 13:44 both have the exact same Open, High, Low, and Close and yet both are displayed. I opened this problem yesterday since I have never encountered the case of $TRIN bars being omitted before, and do not think it is the normal circumstance. The reason that I do not believe it ordinarily happens is that my layout has the $TRIN chart aligned over another 2-minute chart (of a very active symbol) and I have always seen them move only in lockstep.
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X