Dde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dde

Using the DDE functionality, I want to create an automated data exporting function of a symbols Open, High, Low and Close prices for any time period to MS Excel or MS Access.

In MS Excel, I’ve successfully created “=WINROS|LAST!'CAD A0-FX'”. This produces the last price of the symbol in a single cell.

My objective is to capture price data as follows:
    Symbol
    “CAD A0-FX” (example)
    Date
    “March 2, 2009”
    Time
    “17:00”
    Open
    Result = Opening Price for the symbol “CAD AO-FX” on March 2, 2009 at “17:00”
    High
    Result = High Price for the symbol “CAD AO-FX” on March 2, 2009 at “17:00”
    Low
    Result = Low Price for the symbol “CAD AO-FX” on March 2, 2009 at “17:00”
    Close
    Result = Close Price for the symbol “CAD AO-FX” on March 2, 2009 at “17:00”

QuestionS:
    Which formula do I use to capture open, high, low and close data for a particular symbols date and time?

Do I pre-load the symbol, date and time data and then reference it for obtaining the results for each of the open, high, low and close for that period?

Hi,

Our standard DDE links don't support historical data queries. We do offer a very robust DDE-like product called QLink. You can review the QLink user's guide here.

You can try QLink free for 30 days by simply adding it via Account Maintenance. It's $10/mo thereafter.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Happy to help.

Another possible handy option for you might be to take a look at QCollector. It's a one-time software purchase that's designed to automatically export our history data and store it locally each day.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,
          What's the most symbols possible to use with esignal/QCollector?
          If I update it every minute is that still "real-time"??

Thanks

Originally posted by ScottJ
          Happy to help.

Another possible handy option for you might be to take a look at QCollector. It's a one-time software purchase that's designed to automatically export our history data and store it locally each day.

Thanks.

Comment

Your symbol count will dictate the # of symbols you can download at one time via QCollector. Real-time data is defined by most exchanges as w/in 10 or 15 mins of the order.

May want to direct any other question about QCollector to them.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X