Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1! charts

Would you please take a look at JGB10 1!-TPX , TPX 1!-TPX,
    NI225 1!-OSM and NI225_M 1!-OSM 1 minute Advanced Charts.
    Since Saturday no data is shown before 05/07/09. Current month
    charts are ok. I'm seeing this on 3 computers.

Am using 10.4.1540.

Thank you.
    Last edited by jay60; 05-12-2009, 08:17 PM.

Re: 1! charts

Jay
    I have already installed 10.4.1593 so I can't replicate your setup [although I am not sure it would make a difference in this case] anyhow 1 minute data for the 1! contracts of the futures you mentioned seems to available before 5/7 (see enclosed screenshot)
    If restarting both eSignal and the DM does not resolve the issue you are seeing you may want to contact LiveRep as they can determine where you are connecting and what the problem could be
    Alex

Originally posted by jay60
    Would you please take a look at JGB10 1!-TPX , TPX 1!-TPX,
    NI225 1!-OSM and NI225_M 1!-OSM 1 minute Advanced Charts.
    Since Saturday no data is shown before 05/07/09. Current month
    charts are ok. I'm seeing this on 3 computers.

Am using 10.4.1540.

Thank you.

Comment

Thank you, Alex. I'm surprised that it could be something at my end as I've logged in a number of times everyday on different computers since Saturday when I noticed the problem.

Will do as you suggest and contact Live Rep when the market closes here.

Thank you again,
      jay

Comment

>Alex

I haven't contacted Live Rep as yet because looking at the images you sent again I noticed that you used the 'Auto' template. I tried using Auto and the charts loaded properly. They also load properly with the 'Future' template.

However, using the time templates that I have been using all along, the charts won't load previous to 05/07/08. Those time
        templates have Start/End times of 09:00 and 15:10 (end of afternoon session Japan time).
        But, if I create a new template using the evening session end time(20:00), the charts will load properly.

I have no idea why they will not load going back from 6 May, other than some strange occurrence related to the fact that the Japanese markets were closed 4 to 6 May.

Alex, if you have a minute, would you be so kind as to try again using a template with the 09:00 and 15:10 Start/End times for TPX 1!-TPX and see what happens.

Thank you very much,
        jay
        Last edited by jay60; 05-13-2009, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Jay
          I used the Auto template because it was the only one that I had that was already set to Dynamic
          I have now set up another template to Dynamic and 24 hours and the data appears to be downloading beyond 5/7 also in this case. I noticed that the JGB10 contract did get stuck on requesting on 5/7 however a chart refresh seemed to resolve that
          Alex

>Alex

I haven't contacted Live Rep as yet because looking at the images you sent again I noticed that you used the 'Auto' template. I tried using Auto and the charts loaded properly. They also load properly with the 'Future' template.

However, using the time templates that I have been using all along, the charts won't load previous to 05/07/08. Those time
          templates have Start/End times of 09:00 and 15:10 (end of afternoon session Japan time).
          But, if I create a new template using the evening session end time(20:00), the charts will load properly.

I have no idea why they will not load going back from 6 May, other than some strange occurrence related to the fact that the Japanese markets were closed 4 to 6 May.

Alex, if you have a minute, would you be so kind as to try again using a template with the 09:00 and 15:10 Start/End times for TPX 1!-TPX and see what happens.

Thank you very much,
          jay

Comment

Thank you Alex.

Yes, as you say, 24 Hour will load properly, along with Auto, and Futures. It's only when session times are set as in the attached screenshot that they don't load before 5/7. The problem with 24 Hours etc is that the evening session is included in the charts which I don' t want.

Thank you again,
            jay
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jay60; 05-13-2009, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Jay
              I have been running some tests throughout the day and other than in some instances in which the chart got stuck on requesting [which were resolved in all but one case by refreshing] I was able to get data beyond 5/7 using either Local Timezone (20:00-02:10) or Exchange Timezone (09:00-15:10) as shown in the following image.

The Time Templates used in these tests are shown in the following image

In the one case in which I could not receive the data I simply restarted eSignal and the DM. Note that in this case switching to higher intervals (15, 30, 60) did return data beyond 5/7 however 5/1 seemed to be missing.
              You may still want to contact LiveRep and see if they can determine what the issue may be
              In the mean time as a workaround try setting the Time Template to load a specific number of Bars or Days rather than setting it to Dynamic mode. This consistently returned all the data in all the tests
              Alex

Thank you Alex.

Yes, as you say, 24 Hour will load properly, along with Auto, and Futures. It's only when session times are set as in the attached screenshot that they don't load before 5/7. The problem with 24 Hours etc is that the evening session is included in the charts which I don' t want.

Thank you again,
              jay

Comment

> Alex

I did as you instructed and used 120 Days instead of the Dynamic mode that I always use and all works perfectly now!!

As always you found the solution, and I am really grateful, especially since you spent so much of your time on a problem that was surely 'just one of those unexplainable things that can happen with software' and probably limited to just one user.

Thank you very very much Alex.

jay

Comment

Jay
                  You are most welcome and I am glad to hear that solution resolved the problem
                  Alex

> Alex

I did as you instructed and used 120 Days instead of the Dynamic mode that I always use and all works perfectly now!!

As always you found the solution, and I am really grateful, especially since you spent so much of your time on a problem that was surely 'just one of those unexplainable things that can happen with software' and probably limited to just one user.

Thank you very very much Alex.

jay

Comment

Working...
                  X