NYSE New Highs New Lows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYSE New Highs New Lows

I'm sure this has been asked several times before, and I still don't understand how it is so difficult to provide.

When is eSignal going to provide to their customers a New Highs/New Lows data feed for both the NYSE and NASDAQ?

Why do I have to use other sites - such as Stockcharts.com - to get their information? They don't seem to have any issue. Why does eSignal?

Perhaps you guys can explain to us what the problem is so that we can all understand.

Sounds fair?

Thanks

G.

No replies?

Comment

Both symbols are coming. They are both part of a large project to port breadthalyzer symbols from quote.com over to the eSignal network. We built a new server type to calculate all the stats and are in the process of adding new fields to the datastream and desktop apps to support the various symbols. Project has been a bigger challenge than expected so we're looking at summer it appears.

Thanks.

Comment

Hmm... Well, summer came and went and still this piece of rocket science of an indicator hasn't been 'conceived'?

What is it, really? I bet you're going to say that it will be 'definitely' available by Christmas, or maybe spring 2010 or perhaps summer of 2050. Who knows?

...We're just having more problems with our servers than we expected... Yeah sure you are...

Comment

I understand your sarcasm and we do apologize that the release of breadthalyzer stats keep getting delayed. It's really an issue of Eng resources and while it's been scoped out, much of the coding remains to be completed. Since I haven't been very good on guessing the ETA in the past, i won't attempt it again, other than to say it remains important that we get it done so it's still in the top 5 on our list to complete.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you, Scott, for the candid reply.

I know how it works (i was a developer in my previous life) and I guess there's not much you can do from where you stand.

What can I say? Tell the engineers I'll send a box of Krispy Kreme donuts if they have it done by Xmas... ;-)

g.

Comment

For what its worth, I keep searching the forums for news on this indicator.

Hopefully, 60 minute charts that start and end within regular market hours is also in that top 5 list (including the fix so manually made changes via Bar Editor stay saved, which somehow 'broke' in release 10.5).

Regards
              shaeffer
              Last edited by shaeffer; 01-10-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Let's just hope someone at eSignal will let us know when this has been done.

Comment

If there's one thing you don't need to worry about, it's whether we'll loudly announce when breadthalyzer stats are available for eSignal users. We certainly will.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello folks,

It's that time of year again when I come into the forum to check if any progress has been made on these market breadth statistics.

I was hoping that maybe with the roll-out of the new platform...

G.

Comment

Happy New Year!

Yes, those stats are now available!!

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=35216

We released them in conjunction with v11 but the symbols will work in previous versions.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you very much, Scott, and Happy New Year to you too ;-)

Great job. Appreciate it

G.

Comment

Working...
                        X