Price on soybean futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price on soybean futures

How come prices on soybeans, and some other 4 decimal futures, don't read accurately? Esignal substitutes a 2 for .0025, a 4 for .0050, and a 6 for .0075. When will this be fixed? In the meantime, if Esignal is incapable of showing numbers out to 4 decimals, then perhaps you could at least change the substitute numbers to a 2 for .0025, a 5 for .0050, and a 7 for .0075. At least this would be easier for the mind to quickly adjust the number to an accurate trading platform number. I'ts annoying when trading through my broker trade ladder where the prices are listed correctly and seeing what looks like a different number on my Esignal chart.

Thanks,

Steve
    Last edited by opstock; 06-17-2009, 11:21 AM.

Re: Price on soybean futures

Steve
    eSignal uses the same format transmitted by the CBOT which does not use decimals but fractions where 2 is 2/8ths, 4 is 4/8ths etc. As an example see the Low for today on November's contract shown by eSignal and posted by the CBOT on its site
    Alex

Originally posted by opstock
    How come prices on soybeans, and some other 4 decimal futures, don't read accurately? Esignal substitutes a 2 for .0025, a 4 for .0050, and a 6 for .0075. When will this be fixed? In the meantime, if Esignal is incapable of showing numbers out to 4 decimals, then perhaps you could at least change the substitute numbers to a 2 for .0025, a 5 for .0050, and a 7 for .0075. At least this would be easier for the mind to quickly adjust the number to an accurate trading platform number. I'ts annoying when trading through my broker trade ladder where the prices are listed correctly and seeing what looks like a different number on my Esignal chart.

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

This is a CBOT pricing convention - which is a pain in the neck sometimes.

There is however a display option that helps with this.

Go to “file” then “preferences”. Under the “General” tab, deselect “Compact Price Display”.

This will not change the quote to decimal, but it will put in an apostrophe between the big and little figures. It’s a small change, but I think it makes a huge difference in the quote display.

Regards,
      Guy Bower
      www.ProTraderDigest.com

Comment

Steve
        If you want to see the prices displayed as decimals create a user defined spread symbol using the Spread Symbol Settings tool and just multiply the symbol by 1 in the formula and set the decimals to 2
        You can see the result in the enclosed screenshot
        Alex

Comment

OK, thanks so much Alex, I will try what you suggested... and thank you also Guy. So I guess my broker is the one who is changing it to .25, .50 and .75.

Comment

Steve
            You are welcome

So I guess my broker is the one who is changing it to .25, .50 and .75
            That is correct. The prices are disseminated from the exchange in the same format that is displayed by eSignal
            Alex

Originally posted by opstock
            OK, thanks so much Alex, I will try what you suggested... and thank you also Guy. So I guess my broker is the one who is changing it to .25, .50 and .75.

Comment

Working...
            X