FAS and FAZ Symbol names are wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAS and FAZ Symbol names are wrong

The direxion ETFs FAS and FAZ display with the same name and it is wrong.

From the Direxion Web Site:

http://www.direxionshares.com/etf/fbu_3x_shares.html

FAS - Direxion Daily Financial Bull 3X Shares
    FAZ - Direxion Daily Financial Bear 3X Shares

Google FAS or FAZ will give you these names from many sources.

In addition these symbols had a reverse split yesterday but a large price gap appears in the price data?
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Comment

Glen
      What version of eSignal are you running?
      If earlier than 10.4 then the application does not have the ability to adjust for intraday splits. If 10.4 or later and you are seeing a gap then make sure you checked the Use split adjustment for intraday charts option in Properties
      Alex

Originally posted by demarcog
      In addition these symbols had a reverse split yesterday but a large price gap appears in the price data?

Comment

Two issues here.

The reverse split on these did occur overnight and they were adjusted just fine on open the following day - for me (10.5RC). (Although I had to call support twice about it and the fix was not until about 3 minutes before open).

My original post was about the description field in FAS and FAZ. After the adjustment for the split, the description was changed and now it is incorrect. In fact it is the same on both FAS and FAZ. Please fix that.

Comment

Alex,

Thank you for your help, both symbols FAZ and FAS now appear to be split adjusted. I am running 10.4 and 10.5 and do have the box check for adjusting intraday splits.

Not sure why a gap appeared earlier today, perhaps it's was before the change was made prior to the 9:30 open.

Thanks again,

Glen
          Glen Demarco
          [email protected]

Comment

Please, I started this thread about the incorrect descriptions for the symbols FAS and FAZ. Will someone from esignal confirm that this will be fixed?

jgr

Comment

Originally posted by jgr
              Please, I started this thread about the incorrect descriptions for the symbols FAS and FAZ. Will someone from esignal confirm that this will be fixed?

jgr
              A few months ago we started a project to get our ETF descriptive data from another source. That project has now been completed and in production. Please take another look.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X