delayed ES data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delayed ES data

I'm surprised that no one else is having this problem. Lately, ES futures are running 10 seconds and more late in the morning compared to IB. And the clock itself is also 10 seconds behind my atomic clock (which is probably correct). The prices are wrong and the candle itself closes 10 seconds (more or less) late.
    My cpu is not at all maxed out. This has been happening in the morning for about a week now.
    I need more accurate data!

Continued delays

The delays continued throughout the day. It even occurs with just 1 ES #F chart open - nothing else. No .efs programs loaded at all.
    My computer clock is synchronized with esignal (data manager).
    My 14:45 (east time) candle just closed over 15 seconds late!
    No one else is having trouble??

Comment

Delay

No delays for ES #F have been reported today.

Something to test to find out if this is server side lag or desktop lag is the Symbol Monitor. To access this, click the Data Manager on your task bar at the bottom of the screen. Once this is up click on File in the upper left and then Symbol Monitor. Type ES #F in the blank above and click ToReceiver. This will make data for ES #F populate on the screen. Check to see if you are seeing the same delay here.

If the delay is also on the Symbol Monitor then we may need to troubleshoot further. If the delay isn't apparent on this screen then the delay is within the eSignal app at the desktop level. If you'd like to PM me your Customer ID or Username, we can dig deeper into what is going on and solve the issue. Please feel free to contact us here on the boards or via phone at 510-264-1700 if you have any further questions.
      Thank you,
      Eric O.
      eSignal Support

Comment

Thank you eostrom,
        I did check the symbol monitor before I posted here. It was about 30 seconds behind. That didn't make any sense, so I didn't mention it.
        I powered down my modem and back up and I am back to the 1-2 second delay, which is normal for me.
        Is is possible that with a bad DSL connection, I could receive all the data, but somehow stored and delivered late?
        I am with qwest, and they are doing work around here. So, maybe that is the problem. I should know tomorrow.
        If I have trouble, I will reboot the modem first.
        Again, thank you for the response.

Comment

Delay

Yes, a slow DSL connection can be the cause of the problem. I would also suggest running an online connection test to see what kind of download speeds you are getting. Should be in the neighborhood of 1.5mbps down in order to get data on time on a busy day.
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

I was disconnected twice yesterday (Oct 13) but on both occasions, my IB connection went down as well. So as far as I'm concerned it wasn't the fault of eSignal.

I didn't have any lags.

Comment

Working...
            X