Unable to display CL 1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to display CL 1!

I was wondering if someone else could check to see whether they are loading this symbol and it displays in an advanced chart?

I get CL 1! in the daily chart....but NOT the Weekly, Monthly, or any intra-day timeframes...

I can load/display HO 1! and XRB 1!...as well as all the other 1! I have too....

but I can't get CL 1! to display any Weekly/Monthly bars!...

Thanks,
    James

Not sure what the problem was...but for future reference I went into Control Panel->Add/Uninstall Programs->eSignal and performed a repair...

When eSignal booted back up again all charts displayed correctly...

Comment

arvane,

Thanks for the information, when you did the repair did it also remove your old pages/Layout?

Before the repair did you try and get the data in a different page/layout?

I've found that many time when charts will not load it could be one or more of the windows in the page/layout might be corrupt.

The repair would correct this and many times creating a new page/layout will do the same.

Comment

when you did the repair did it also remove your old pages/Layout?
        It didn't remove the pages, but it did remove my Favorites.xml and Time frame files...of course these are backed up nightly so their restoration was not a problem...

Before the repair did you try and get the data in a different page/layout?
        Yes I did. I started an entirely new layout/page/advanced chart, etc...nothing seem to work...

Comment

Hmmmm...

This has happened again....and only with CL 1! - I have no problems with any other symbols including those from the NYMEX...

any ideas? is there a way to 'reset' or uncorrupt the appropriate file without having to do the rebuild via Control Panel?

Additional info:

because I forgot to replace my Rollprefs.tab file from the previous rebuild I lost all my settings...I just went in and changed the CL roll preferences and all the data magically reappeared upon a re-load data...

so...this appears to be an issue with the rollprefs.tab file?
          Last edited by arvane; 10-21-2009, 04:41 AM.

Comment

arvane,

I heard of this problem as well this week and I am wondering if it may have something to do with the server you're connected to.

May I suggest you contact our Support when you have any issues so we can start investigating and inform the department in charge if there are any issues.

thank you for your help.
            Christine B.
            eSignal

Comment

arvane,

Thanks for the additional information and you may be correct, According to Article 1412 in the eSignal Knowledge Base when using these continuous contract symbols (ie 1!) eSignal checks the user-rollpref.tab for your custom roll date. If no custom setting have been defined eSignal reverts to the default setting in the rollpref.tab file.

When you added your roll dates you created your own user-rollpref/tab file. Now instread of eSignal using the default which may not have had a setting for 1! you were using it now looks at you user-rollpref.tab file.

Thanks again for posting the results it may be helpful to others using the 1! continuous contracts.

Comment

Working...
              X