Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ftse 100

Hi

Having a problem finding the FTSE 100 index, tried just about every symbol combo I can think of. Would have thought it was something like $UKX-IDX but no. Doesn't even appear on the symbol search under world indices
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

Symbol is $UKX-FTSE and you do need to subscribe to FTSE Index Values. Thanks.

Here's the symbol look-up screenshot:
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanx for that, I was afraid that might be the answer. I was only looking for eod value, not a live value, but it doesn't surprise me. I pay over a grand a year for service and they want to charge me for something they throw up on a website for free to all comers.
      Not to worry, been with eSignal way too long now. Time for a change.

Thanx for your help.

Comment

FTSE even charges for delayed data so that's why you really shouldn't see an intraday update on that symbol anywhere on a "free" site. We can offer it delayed for just $1/mo and I'm happy to waive that for a few months so you can see if it's worth it. PM with your un if interested.

You can also just put in that symbol in a daily chart. You should get EOD values.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott,
          To be honest I was only looking for it E.O.D as I don't trade anything in the UK, it's useful though to look through a range of Indices to see where they are.

I don't get anything with that symbol $UKX-FTSE
          It is identified as FTSE INDICES and simply sits there as "Req Sent"

I used to be able to get all the major world indices on a daily chart as E.O.D but not anymore.

Similarly I used to be able to put a London listed stock, such as BARC-LON on a daily and get E.O.D data, but not anymore.
          Last edited by dhunniford; 02-10-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

You sure you have the chart request on D for daily? Works fine for me on an acct w/o any European entitlements.

Thx

Comment

Same is true for BARC-LON. Works fine with D as the interval but you'll get "req sent" if you try to get data from our tick servers.

If that still doesn't work, what eSig version are you on?

Thx

Comment

Here's a screen shot, been request sent, since your post suggested I should still be able to get E.O.D, just tried $BARC-LON same deal I'm on Ver 10,1.1291.910 so not the latest, but not miles off, was on 8.0 before this, I don't like to fix what isn't broke.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by dhunniford; 02-10-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

For Barclays, you wouldn't use the $, just BARC-LON. Please pm your username so I can look at your account and see what the issue may be. I tried this using another user's credentials and it works just fine so I know it does work.

Thanks

Comment

To wrap-up the thread, looks like the issue is with earlier versions of the 10.xx series. 8.0 and 10.6 work just fine when entering pretty much any symbol for a daily chart. If you aren't directly subscribing to an exchange, requesting a daily chart will allow you to view 98% of the symbols we support.

Thanks.

Comment

Yes seems to be 10.1.
                      Thanx very much for you time and help with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
                        Symbol is $UKX-FTSE and you do need to subscribe to FTSE Index Values. Thanks.

Here's the symbol look-up screenshot:
                        I thought it worth adding to this thread as that isn't the whole story and I've found eSignal CS reps to be very poorly briefed on this.

As ScottJ mentions one route is to subscribe to the FTSE Index Values (exchange fee $6/mo), however another is to subscribe to LIFFE Equity and Derivatives EEI(exchange fee $2/mo) - the latter is adequate if all you need is the FTSE 100 & 250.

ScottJ: none of your frontline reps appear to be aware of the LIFFE alternative, I suggest you pass through a message to get their FAQs updated.

Comment

Thanks for the note. We'll see if there's a good way to address this in our KB.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X