Market depth of NYSE and NASDAQ stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market depth of NYSE and NASDAQ stocks

I have a few probably silly questions on market depths of NASDAQ and NYSE stocks.

I have subscribed to NASDAQ level 2. However when I key in an NYSE listed stock, I still see data in the window. Why?

Second question, what is this 'Regional' button next to the 'Level II' button? It shows me some data when I enter an NYSE stock symbol, e.g. IBM. I didn't subscribe to it, so don't know where this data is coming from.

Third, to see the level II data of NYSE stocks, like I can for NASDAQ stocks, do I need to subscribe to NYSE OpenBook or 'Regional and how do I get this Regional?

Many thanks.
    Last edited by bf2; 03-13-2010, 11:18 AM.

bf2,

There is so much to understand about the.Market Depth window, you may want to review the KB article on Market Depth where you'll find answers to your questions.

I have subscribed to NASDAQ level 2. However when I key in an NYSE listed stock, I still see data in the window. Why?
    Market Depth - With eSignal version 10.0 and newer, there is now regional data for NASDAQ symbols as well as the listed exchanges, so it has become necessary to break out the Montage tab and replace it with a Level 2 and a Regional tab to allow users to pick which type of data they want to see.

Second question, what is this 'Regional' button next to the 'Level II' button? It shows me some data when I enter an NYSE stock symbol, e.g. IBM. I didn't subscribe to it, so don't know where this data is coming from.
    Before answering this you must first understand what a regional exchange is; A Regional Exchange is any exchange located outside a country's main financial center. The notable regional exchanges for the US are the Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Pacific, and Philadelphia stock exchanges. What they provide is the best quote (Bid/Ask) for equities on that exchange.

Third, to see the level II data of NYSE stocks, like I can for NASDAQ stocks, do I need to subscribe to NYSE OpenBook or 'Regional and how do I get this Regional?
    You do not have to subscribe to NYOB to see the Regional’s. NYSE OpenBook provides a real-time view of the Exchange's limit-order book for all NYSE-traded securities. NYSE OpenBook lets traders see aggregate limit-order volume at every bid and offer price,

Hopefully this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X