Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&P 500 Cash ($SPX) Real Time data problem

Hello;
    I have added S&P 500 Cash Index services to my standart Esignal product yesterday, in order to get real time data. After registration, i have closed my esignal and esignal data manager programs, and keep them closed for 1 hour. When i opened esignal again, i saw that the word "(Delayed)" had gone from S&P 500 Cash ($SPX) chart; i saw a new word, "(Dynamic)". However, I'm still getting my S&P 500 Cash data on a very very huge delay (I get my lastest S&P 500 Cash data on 13/04/2010 23:00 GMT, I did not get any data for 12 Hours). Then i realized that i only get data between 16:00 - 23:00 GMT, so only 7 hours. What am i doing wrong?
    Thanks

The pit traded S&P only trades from 9:30 until 4pm ET (tracked also by the index $SPX). It sounds like you're looking for the emini S&P that trades almost around the clock. Look at something like $EPREM to see the difference between the active emini S&P contract and the cash.

Thanks.

Comment

I have talked to my broker's admins. They stated the same issue about S&P 500 Cash Index, it is a market from 16:00 GMT to 24:00 GMT. They say that i have been trading S&P500 Futures contract, which is a 24 hour market, and trending the same way as S&P500 Cash Index. And also they stated that they do not have huge difference in values also. After 24:00 GMT S&P 500 Cash stops, however S&P500 Futures continues to change. For example; latest S&P500 Cash Index value is 1211.67, while S&P500 Futures is 1207.1, almost 45.7 points of difference. So, as i trade S&P 500 Futures contract, i should follow its symbol, which is actually changing 24 hours. But i do not know what the symbol is.

PS: S&P500 Cash Index is opened atm. The difference between S&P500 Cash and S&P500 Futures is like 100 pts. They seem to be totaly different markets.
      Last edited by alderamas; 04-16-2010, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Try using SP #F (#F represents the continuous contract. You could also choose the specific month/year to track like SP M0 which would be the S&P 500 for June 2010.)

Thanks.

Comment

I checked them. Currently, both are fixed on 120850 and not moving. 1199.40 S&P500 Cash Index , 1193.4 is my broker's S&P500 Futures value. Is 60 pts difference normal? By the way my broker is FXCM.

Comment

I wasn't aware FXCM traded futures. I thought they just handled currencies. I'm not clear what you're seeing so I'd recommend you call into one of our support centers and speak to a tech support rep directly.

http://www.esignal.com/support/esignal/contactus.aspx

Thanks.

Comment

SP #F seems to be correct one for me. However it is delayed at the moment. To Which service should I register in order to get real time data for SP #F?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                The SP contract trades on the CME:
                http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=2663&p=1
                Look under "Index Products" for S&P 500.
                So you'll need a subscription to the CME to see that.

The $SPX ticker is the S&P 500 Index and requires a subscription to the MDI (Market Data Indices):
                http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=4558&p=1

Comment

Working...
                X