Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cr Q3

Hello,

here is a bad tick. I read something that I can relieve the bad ticks by myself. Where can find something about this feature?

Tomacat

Tomcat
    There are two ways you can do it. Price Filtering and Bar Editor.

Price Filtering (right click chart select Tools->Price Filtering) is an automated process where the application measures the range of bar in reference to the one before and after it and corrects it if necessary. You can also modify the settings to define the range.
    The advantage is that the application itself manages the process automatically across all time frames (if and when the conditions exist). The disadvantage is that the correction will happen only at the close of the bar after the one with the bad tick.
    In the case of CR Q3 I just applied the filter and it does indeed take care of the bad tick.

The other option is Bar Editor (right click chart and select Tools->Bar Editor). To use Bar Editor first place the cursor on the bar with the bad tick then right click and go to Bar Editor.
    This will open a datasheet in tabular format with highlighted the row that corresponds to the bar that was selected with the curosr.
    Write the correct value in the appropriate cell and click OK or press <Enter>. The data will be reloaded and the bar with the bad tick will now appear as if it were filtered.
    If you want to remove the adjustment repeat the process and select Reset Bar.
    The advantage of Bar Editor is that adjustments can be applied immediately and it works in all conditions (depending on the range Price Filtering may instead not always "see" a bad tick).
    The disadvantage is that the adjustment of the bad tick applies only to that specific interval.
    Combining the two tools usually will fix any bad tick you come across.
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

Following-up on Alex's post, you can also review our bad tick FAQ's for additional information about the various ways we handle erroneous data. From the Customer Support menu in eSignal, click on Report a Bad Tick. Here's the place you report bad ticks so we can fix them on the server side. In the upper right hand corner of this Bad Tick Reporter, you'll see the FAQ link. The FAQ's help explain your options to remove the data on your eSignal desktop, just as Alexis describes.

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, many thankĀ“s

Comment

Working...
        X