Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real time price feed frequency interval on FOREX servers

Hello,

I am wondering what the real time price feed frequency interval are on eSignals FOREX servers?

This is a technical question regarding the interval of the servers sending out data which is independent of the price change of an issue or not.

As an example HotSpot FX advertice with real time price feeds with the option of 50 or 250 millisecond frequencies.

Thank you,
    Laurentius

In general terms, it typically takes 80ms for a round trip packet to travel via the internet, 40 ms each way. In your HotSpot example, are you saying they would hold back updates and only send every 250 ms, upon request? That sounds like a form of conflation to me.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply Scott.

Regarding the Hot Spot FX frequencies, I just mentioned them as an example to give a picture of what I am asking about. I do not know the answer to your question. I just found the simple information on Hot Spot FX's website.

Regarding your answer on the realtime feed from eSignals FX servers could we then say that the Forex real time feed has a 40 ms frequency? Or is there something I am missing?

Thanks,
      Laurentius
      Last edited by Laurentius; 07-27-2010, 09:27 AM.

Comment

What product are you considering from us for Forex pricing? In general, as quotes are received from the source, they are immediately distributed out our network to the end-user. Since it takes roughly 40 ms to travel east coast to west coast, that would be the approximate latency time. We aren't otherwise "pooling" or pausing the data. It goes out as received under most conditions.

Thanks.

Comment

Again thank you very much for your reply Scott.

I believe that there has been a misunderstanding regarding the frequency interval I have in mind.

To answer your question I have just recently signed up for an eSignal GTIS spot forex subscription where I mainly monitor the EUR, AUD, GBP, EURJPY, GBPJPY, and CADJPY.

I use a third party platform which use the eSignal Data Manager. The default refresh frequency of the charts on this platform is slower than what I would consider normal, so I know I am missing price information. At the moment it is not possible to change this and for this reason I would like to explain to the developers what we are discussing here so that they hopefully would improve the platform.

As a hypothetical example of what I have in mind: If the price feed frequency intervals I am thinking about from the servers are 50 milliseconds and the charts of my platform have a 350 milliseconds refresh rate the servers could send me possible price changes up to seven times, but my platform would only show me one during the same period of time.

Sorry for not specifying these details earlier.

Thanks,
          Laurentius

Comment

Thank you Scott.

I could not separate what you wrote and what I was thinking about at once. Point taken. You have answered my question.

In case of a next time, please remark.

Thanks,
            Laurus12
            Last edited by Laurentius; 08-06-2010, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Glad to be of help. In regards to your question about the 3p charting platform's ability to refresh every 350 ms and what impact that has on the data, I would defer to the developer for that 3p as several things could be done code-wise I imagine.

Thanks.

Comment

You are right Scott. Further I have compared the 3p platform with NinjaTrader on the same eSignal connection. The 3p shows wrong price levels which I have found has nothing to do with the refresh rate. The platform has more likely a 0,5 sec. refresh rate, but that should not affect display of data. I have contacted the developer and they are going to fix it.

Thanks,
                Laurus12
                Last edited by Laurentius; 08-09-2010, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X