Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forex : minimum eSignal subscription option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forex : minimum eSignal subscription option?

Hello,

I only need Forex. What is the cheaper eSignal subscription option that I should choose?

Thank you,

Regards,

Dennis

We recently added Forex to the eSignal Equities package so that's now the lowest price point to track Forex on eSignal.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,

Thank you for your reply.

Well, I really don't understand why I must pay an
      additional $104 to access to SMALL markets that are
      useless for me !

I believe that I'd better look somewhere else to get
      a Forex datafeed !

Yes, equities, indices, CME E-Minis and CBOT Mini-Sized
      Futures are SMALL in comparison to the most important
      market in the world : the FOREX...

Forex traders should be considered by eSignal as real
      serious traders, not as second-rate traders !

eSignal Equities $104 (useless !)
      + Forex $50
      -----------------------
      = $154 / month !

All of the following eSignal packages are available :

eSignal
      eSignal Equities
      eSignal Equities Basic
      eSignal Futures
      eSignal Platinum
      eSignal Delayed
      eSignal End-of-Day

Why isn't there a Forex package ?? :

eSignal Forex

Scott, I would appreciate that you forward my message
      to eSignal management.

Forex traders and readers of this message, if you agree
      with me, please post a message in this thread to give
      your opinion !

Thank you,

Dennis

Comment

Hi Dennis,

Unfortunately, I think you may be getting a bit lost in the "names" we are using for each of our current service packages. We could just as easily call eSignal Equities, "eSignal Forex" with the ability to add US equities and a few other markets. It's our eventual plan to re-make all these packages so the names of each are not in conflict with customer perception.

GTIS, arguably the premier provider of Forex data in the world, is a part of the same corporation as eSignal (Interactive Data Corp).

We are also very active in marketing and positioning ourselves to Forex traders and we hope to become even more active in the future. We recently added Gain Capital as a Forex brokerage partner as well.

All that being said, we do think we have a very competitively priced package for Forex traders, regardless of the name
        We appreciate the feedback and it gives us further evidence we should be renaming our various service packages.

Thanks again.

Comment

Scott,

I am not lost in the "names" eSignal is using for each of current service packages.

I just noticed that Forex traders have no choice but to pay an additional $104 to access to US equities that they don't need !

Inversely, why US equities traders are not obliged to pay an additional $50 for Forex ?!

eSignal partnerships doesn't change anything to this fact.

Thank you,

Dennis

Comment

Scott,

You wrote :

> All that being said, we do think we have a very competitively
            > priced package for Forex traders

IntelliChart Wizard Desktop : US$100/month
            IntelliChart Wizard Online : US$40/month

http://iwizard.fxtrek.com/Misc/iwizard.asp

Free Forex realtime charts at :

http://www.dailyfx.com/sa/sa_charts.html

No comment ! Will my message be censored?

Dennis.

Comment

Dennis

Inversely, why US equities traders are not obliged to pay an additional $50 for Forex ?!

Because $50 is an exchange/service fee not a product cost.
              Equity traders still have to pay the corresponding exchange fees to access each stock exchange just as futures traders have to pay the relative exchange fees to access each futures exchange (or services as is the case with Market Profile for example where the CBOT exacts a fee for the use of the tool).
              The $104 cost is to access an eSignal product package that in turn allows access to specific exchanges and add-on services.

Alex
              Last edited by ACM; 08-04-2003, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vindiou
                Scott,

You wrote :

> All that being said, we do think we have a very competitively
                > priced package for Forex traders

Free Forex realtime charts at :

http://www.dailyfx.com/sa/sa_charts.html

No comment ! Will my message be censored?

Dennis.
                Dennis

This is Esignal : I never ever seen a post censored by anyone. Why should be yours?

Please , understand this Company philosophy and way of acting.
                I.e all the answer you got are fully reasonable, not aggressive.
                Mr. Montenegro eventually just explained you a very simple down to earth technical reason.

Again, review all the answer you got from ScottJ , and you'll see the athmo that we have in this community.

I'm a customer like you: trading is though , the market is competitive , we put money on stake. IMHO we need the best tools to face the "big guys" and be profitable. We need the best tools . This Company offers you THE BEST at a reasonable price. Not cheap, not inexpensive, but reasonable for the added value you/I/WE all got.

I hope you agree with my thought, and understand what really ESIGNAL is.

Thanks for your attention.
                Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Alexis,

You wrote :

> Because $50 is an exchange fee not a product cost.

Wrong !

The Forex market is a worldwide OTC (over the counter) market.
                  It is NOT exchange traded. This means that trades are bilateral agreement
                  between parties who are not required to register their transactions with
                  any central agency. For this reason there can be no exhaustive transaction
                  or volume information about the forex market.

The Forex market is however strongly characterised by the publication
                  of quotes by market makers who contribute this information to organisations
                  which disseminate financial information globally. These Bid / Ask quotes
                  represent the centre point of this markets evolution and any study related
                  to this market is usually based on these quotes. It is common to regard the
                  middle price of these quotes as a reasonable proxy for the transaction price.

Thank you,

Dennis

Comment

Fabrizio,

According to me, you didn't give any GOOD REASON in your
                    messages why should Forex traders pay $50 + this extra $104
                    for US Markets that they don't need !

The eSignal platform alone without any datafeed should cost
                    a maximum of $50 (as eSignal Equities Basic = $69)

The forex datafeed is already priced $50.

Thank you,

Dennis

Comment

Alexis,

You wrote :

> Because $50 is an exchange fee not a product cost.

Wrong !

The Forex market is a worldwide OTC (over the counter) market.
                      It is NOT exchange traded. This means that trades are bilateral agreement
                      between parties who are not required to register their transactions with
                      any central agency. For this reason there can be no exhaustive transaction
                      or volume information about the forex market.

The Forex market is however strongly characterised by the publication
                      of quotes by market makers who contribute this information to organisations
                      which disseminate financial information globally. These Bid / Ask quotes
                      represent the centre point of this markets evolution and any study related
                      to this market is usually based on these quotes. It is common to regard the
                      middle price of these quotes as a reasonable proxy for the transaction price.

Thank you,

Dennis
                      DENNIS

IMHO i do not agree completely with you for:

A)Forex interbank is an OTC market that trades with large institutions over a variety of sources based on credit between the institutions. The most active method of trading in the interbank mkt is EBS (electronic broker system) that is owned by a consortium of large banks, Rueters and interbank brokers. With large banks that are players in the market (citibank, UBS, JP Morgan, B of A , ect).
                      Prices and volume are provided. Bid and ask are ì as you know "less vlear " than in regulamentated ,markets....

B)
                      After all - who will go and trade forex knowing market maker itself is playing against you
                      Regarding the longer term and shorter term traders...I dont think its that important for them - all they care is buy contracts against sell contracts at any given time - not more. Sure, the more trades client does - the more spred they get. But thats it.
                      But as I said - its not something trader must be aware of. Its part of business. After all - go to interbank market - noone promices your trade will be executed ; there's no "no requoting", "no slippage" - who needs 100k on interbank market So, as far as there is oppotrunity for us to trade smaller contracts - I say thank you. So what if they are clearing stops here and there - everyone does it - you're a trader, and knowing that, try to put stop to have better chance to survive. They cannot hold or push prices more than 5-20 pips away from market.
                      So after this superficial "brush" on FOREX let me tell you as a customer5 taht I do not get your point.

If ESIGNAL ISN't suitable for you , well why not go to CQG: I have it. It is fearly good. Bit expensive but I'm sure you can afford it.(1.3K USD a month)

Cordially
                      Last edited by fabrizio; 08-04-2003, 03:42 AM.
                      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Fabrizio,

According to me, you didn't give any GOOD REASON in your
                        messages why should Forex traders pay $50 + this extra $104
                        for US Markets that they don't need !

The eSignal platform alone without any datafeed should cost
                        a maximum of $50 (as eSignal Equities Basic = $69)

The forex datafeed is already priced $50.

Thank you,

Dennis

Dennis with the use of common sense I try to reply to you statement:

IMHO any different combination/market/platform/region/data increase the number of the ESIGNAL LINES OF PRODUCTS.

Every LINE OF PRODUCT must have at leasts an interseting prefixed corporate contribution margin to contribute to the G&A.

However the final "MIX" must be within the eEconomics targets and within the "per Line P&L" statement

If this does not happen the LINE is PASSIVE, and has no reason to exists (if not for just "IMAGE REASONS") or if exist will lower dramatically the overall Comnt. Marg.

If it does not happen is because - most likely - there is not enough customer requiring ONLY FOREX.

With a minimal request , the Product Management would be obliged to set up a LINE OF PRODUCTS which- beside what above- will be:
                        *Unprofitable
                        *Drawing internal finacial and human resources
                        *Increasing the number of variables to put in consideration at a "Production level" ( the server factory?)

With a differnt approach ESIGNAL would became a "coutourier", which makes tailored suits for each single cisutomer. An as you know Couture is really , really expensive ( from a 1K $ RTW to 12K$ PRet a Couture)

This is my answer, maybe I'm wrong .

Cordially

This is what I believe
                        Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Fabrizio,

I cannot believe that you don't have any close relationship with eSignal.

I am on the REAL customer side.

> If ESIGNAL ISN't suitable for you , well why not go to CQG:
                          > ... I'm sure you can afford it.(1.3K USD a month)

Why are you talking about a more expensive service when I give a cheaper one ? :

Dennis

Comment

Fabrizio,

I cannot believe that you don't have any close relationship with eSignal.

I am on the REAL customer side.

> If ESIGNAL ISN't suitable for you , well why not go to CQG:
                            > ... I'm sure you can afford it.(1.3K USD a month)

Why are you talking about a more expensive service when I give a cheaper one ? :

Dennis

Dennis

- I am Italian , first , trading from Italy, Turin (you know Fiat cars? those ) and Milan ( Armani, Versace etc...)
                            -I have ZERO ; ZILCH; GURNISH ; ZIPPO professional relationship with ESIG. If you like I can show you my last payment for the ESIGNAL Platinum package.
                            -I simply believe in this company for a number of reasons : if you will have the chance to spend more time here in this community you will understand it.

Why suggetsing you CQG? For it is the Only platform taht for quality can be in someway compared to ESIGNAL 7.4 Gold

But with CQG you ahve some more things , but less more others......and you pay for a "closed system" ( mean no EFS) and NO WAY TO TALK TO ANIONE IN THE STRUCTURE FOR ANY KIND OF COMPLAIN OR REQUEST OR whatever. Here you got Top guys talking and answering to you ( not me , I am Nobody, just an old business man).

So IMHO the scenario on nour side of customers is this:

*spend couple of bucks more that you will furtherly recover with your - hopefully- profits and get the best ( you see this shows you that I am a customer for nobody in ESIGNAL will never express himself in this way)
                            * Save I do not know 40, 60$ and have certainly not the best? Eventually which one will be the cost/ benefits analisys?

You know my answer already, now the sound decsion it is up to you.

I do not know if Jerry Medved has FOREX : in that case I would suggets to go to him because the 7USD cost.

I hope I'v been helpfull, should you need more let me know

Cordially

PS. I'm 46 and For my Job I walked the sidewalk of most of the country in this world : in US 45 states from Pocatello Idaho to Gainsville Florida, From Grand Rapid Michigan to San Antonio Texas.........by plain , by car, by train........
                            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

I wouldn't have gone to bed had I known we were going to heat-up the conversation here!

Seriously, let me add a few comments.

If price is the key factor in choosing a data service, our lowest entry price is Market Center at $4.95/mo plus $50/mo for Forex.

As you've referenced, there are other services that offer Forex at an even lower price point so if price is the #1 qualifier, I'd recommend you going that route.

For most people, it's a combination of price and value that determines their selection. If you review all of the features w/in eSignal, I think you'll see our product is much more than simply a quote service. From backtesting to custom formulas to integrated order tickets, eSignal is a powerful application.

In terms of data and reliability, we've been supplying real-time information to professional and individual traders for over 20 years and we're proud of our record and our reputation.

I hope I've provided some more helpful information here. One thing is for sure, there's lots of competition out there for quote services. We hope you'll at least try eSignal or Market Center but if you choose another path, perhaps you'll consider us again in the future. We'll be here!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X