Hi.

I am trying to create continuous contracts of BRN-ICE
    I set up user-configured continuous contracts setting,
    and charted BRN 1!-ICE and there comes no data,
    only showing massage "receiving"

What did I do wrong here?

thanks for your help in advance.

Regards.

What setting are you using for the continuous contract? Also We just tested setting here and the chart is working fine.

Please see the screenshot of our chart.

and the settings

Comment

Here's what I did.

Thanks for your reply.

Here's what I did.

First I used continuous contract setting
      and then I tried to chart BRN 1!-ICE
      and it never shows up.

Other symbols work fine and well and FAST.
      Only BRN and WBS doesn't work.
      I waited for hours working on other project,
      and it still never show up.

What should I do here to solve this problem?

Regards.
      Attached Files

Comment

Data for the Brent Crude Oil come from the (ICE) formally the IPE (International Petroleum Exchange) based in London. To receive data from this exchange you would need to add the European/Middle East/Asia Region to your On Demand Service.

Comment

also problems with cont. futures

Hello Avery

I have also problems with continuous contracts which I posted here in the past. Another user kindly tried to help me, but we could not solve it really.

E.g., I create a cont. contrat for Silver (SI 1!) exactly as described in KB-article 2258. But when I want to look at the chart of the created symbol, there is only a request sent forever with no receiving data. On the other hand, I am able to look at the standard SI #F without a problem.

Could you help me please to fix this issue.

Thank you
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Surf,

Don't get your hopes up...this was broken long_time_ago...still waiting patiently on a fix that was promised.

see here

Continuous Contracts Broken

Comment

Sorry about the lack of follow-up. I will make sure we review the situation and respond by tomorrow.

Thank you.

Comment

wavesurfin,

This may to be entitlement based but I'll need to dig a little deeper, can you please PM your eSignal CID or username so that I can check your subscription.

Thank you

Comment

Apologies to Surf, but Avery this has been broken since last year. We had an exchange about this exact issue (see link in prior post).

ScottJ has already apologized for the lack of follow-up, but this appears to have been broken when eSignal 11.0 was getting rolled out - just a guess - but I heavily relied on my custom roll-overs and have been forced to find other sources of data.

This is not the customer service I have come to expect from eSignal especially after 8+ years.

Comment

1! was created as a mean to give our users the ability to fuse together European historical futures data like our #F symbols did for US Futures. It’s popularity to create custom roll dates for all symbols has made 1! a very useful tool. However, symbols that do not separate Open Outcry (Pit) from Electronic (Globex) trades makes using the 1! more complex to retrieve historical data without having the proper exchange entitlements.

To received historical data on symbols such as GC, SI and CL using 1! users would need to be entitled for the exchange in which the data is coming from. For Daily historical data users can subscribe to the Delayed US and Canada Futures Bundle which would give the proper entitlements needed for instruments such as Crude which trades off the NYMEX or Silver which trades off the COMEX.

Comment

Working...
                    X