History server is slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History server is slow

I have been having problems for two days now. I click on a symbol and wait sometimes minutes for a daily and weekly chart to render. It was so bad yesterday that I went to cash because I could not effectively monitor my portfolio. I spoke to customer service and got nowhere. All he could do is say yep it is taking some time. He forced many differenct server connections without it helping. Sometimes the charts build quickly, sometimes get in line... Yesterday I restarted eSignal a dozen times to try to get to a history server that would work, no joy. This morning the problem is sporadic but still there.

Bottom line is that the service problems cost me more money yesterday than eSignal costs me to buy in a year. I sincerely hope someone is looking into this problem. I have a 30 Mbs connection with low latency running on Windows 7 and i7 quad core and solidstate hard drive (a fast gaming machine).

Mike Scott
    Tarzana, CA
    ....Mike

Re: History server is slow

I have verified that the slow history server shows up on my friends computer located five miles from me. Is eSignal aware that there is a problem?

Mike Scott
    Tarzana, CA

Originally posted by mike_scott
    I have been having problems for two days now. I click on a symbol and wait sometimes minutes for a daily and weekly chart to render. It was so bad yesterday that I went to cash because I could not effectively monitor my portfolio. I spoke to customer service and got nowhere. All he could do is say yep it is taking some time. He forced many differenct server connections without it helping. Sometimes the charts build quickly, sometimes get in line... Yesterday I restarted eSignal a dozen times to try to get to a history server that would work, no joy. This morning the problem is sporadic but still there.

Bottom line is that the service problems cost me more money yesterday than eSignal costs me to buy in a year. I sincerely hope someone is looking into this problem. I have a 30 Mbs connection with low latency running on Windows 7 and i7 quad core and solidstate hard drive (a fast gaming machine).

Mike Scott
    Tarzana, CA
    ....Mike

Comment

We are not aware of any wide-spread server related issues at present. It's possible that a single server could be in trouble, although our alarms tend to catch most issues. The only way to really troubleshoot is to contact us directly so we can see where you're connected and we can try to duplicate what you're seeing.

Please give us a call.

Thanks.

Comment

I have gone through dozens of restarts trying to force a new server and there is a problem. Your technical support agent could not make it work yesterday morning and he was moving me from server to server to server. The issue seems to be a bit eradic where sometime I waid minutes for a chart and sometimes one second. Sometimes I get ten charts in a row without a problem and sometimes I can't get a chart. It is happening now over two days and on different machines in different cities. I think the problem is real and I can not think of anything other than a widespread problem with the history servers. Intra-day data is alway immediate...

Mike Scott
        Tarzana, CA

Originally posted by ScottJ
        We are not aware of any wide-spread server related issues at present. It's possible that a single server could be in trouble, although our alarms tend to catch most issues. The only way to really troubleshoot is to contact us directly so we can see where you're connected and we can try to duplicate what you're seeing.

Please give us a call.

Thanks.
        ....Mike

Comment

Since your call yesterday, the issue has been under investigation but no obvious pattern has emerged as of yet. Still ongoing.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X