Data on an advanced chart does not go back more than eleven months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data on an advanced chart does not go back more than eleven months

I have a one minute advanced chart with ES #F as the primary symbol on a time scale of 24 hours (I want to collect and analyze data when the NYSE is closed). I have a secondary symbol on it as well, for example X=N. (The =N means it is only data from the NYSE and not from any other place.) I take the chart back to January 5, 2009.

1.) On the chart, the secondary symbol stops at November 4, 2009 and will not plot any further. Why only eleven months back?

2.) When I run my program it will gather data from October 28, 2009, but nothing before that. This includes $SPX which I get data from (Daily intervals and I don't chart this one.)

Is this a bug in the program? I understand that stocks with =N should go back to sometime in 1998. Any suggestions as to how to correct this?

Jack

Someone help!

Here is another explanation as to what I see happening. It happens in eSignal ver 10 or 11. I am using a one minute chart with a 24 hour template of ES #F as my primary symbol and $SPX as my secondary symbol. I go back as far as I can go which is March 2007.

When I run my program it will read all the data as long as it is in the one minute format (all the way back to March 2007, no problems). However, if I want to read data as a Daily input instead of a one minute input, it will only give me data as far back as November 16, 2009 and not go back to March 2007. Why? Is this a bug? What do I need to do to get this Daily data?

An example of code I am using is below:

PHP Code:
    var emini919 =0;
    var 
    emini929 0;
    var 
    eminiClose 0;
    var 
    spxClose 0;
    var 
    spxClose930 0;
    var 
    spxOpen930 0;

function 
    main() {
        var 
    ibarHour getHour(0);
        var 
    ibarMinute getMinute(0);
        var 
    ibarDay getDay(0);
        var 
    ibarMonth getMonth(0);
        var 
    ibarYear getYear(0);

//*****************  Gets the Emini Data at 9:30 AM **************************************************        

if (ibarHour == && ibarMinute == 30) {

emini919 close(-11);

emini929 close(-1);

eminiClose close(-1,sym("ES #F,D"));  //Won't read this before November 16, 2009.

spxClose close(-1,sym("$SPX,D"));  //Won't read this before November 16, 2009.

spxClose930 close(0,sym("$SPX,1"));

spxOpen930 open(0,sym("$SPX,D"));  //Won't read this before November 16, 2009.

debugPrintln(emini919," emini919= ",emini929," emini929= ",eminiClose," emininCloes= ",spxClose," spxClose= ",spxClose930," spxClose930= ",spxOpen930," spxOpen930= ",ibarMinute," Min= ",ibarHour," Hour= ",ibarDay," Day= "ibarMonth," Month= ",ibarYear," Year= ");
        }

It will not read eminiClose, spxClose, and spxOpen930 before November 16, 2009. Why?

Comment

Working...
    X