Continuous Contract Data for Asian/European Futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous Contract Data for Asian/European Futures

I use e-signal for a real time data feed that loads into other programs such as Own Data, Multicharts and Tradestation.

Current it is not possible to export continuous contract data for Asian and European futures which updates in real time.

The reason it looks like is that the continuous contracts for these markets are created within the e-signal program and not imported directly from the data server.

Could you please add the continuous contracts Asian and European futures to the server data, like you do for US contracts so that the data can be utilised by third party software.

Update

Does anyone here utilise e-signal as a data source for other programs?

E-signal, a reply above would be appreciated, i.e. is e-signal considering adding Asian and European continuous futures contract to server supplied continuous data like you do for US markets (as opposed to having to build continuous contracts in e-signa software which is then not able to run as a data source in third party programsl).

Comment

I don't think there are plans to create cont contracts for Europe or Asia/Pac futures but I do think we should be able to let 3p's create these contracts on the desktop, as we do in eSignal for the 1! symbols.

Any particular 3p you'd like to see have these tools?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, the Multicharts products:

Multicharts & Owndata

Cheers
        Andrew

Comment

Great, thanks. I'll pass that along and we'll see what we can do. This has been requested several times before so I think we need a plan to address this.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

andrewgibbs777
              FWIW MultiCharts can create the continuous contracts using the specific contracts
              Alex

Comment

Thanks Alexis. I've tried this, however Multicharts has not got all of the symbol roots available so does not allow you to create continuous contracts for the SPI (Symbol root AP) for example or the Nikkei (NK) etc. However maybe Multicharts can sort this their end as well.

Comment

andrewgibbs777

however Multicharts has not got all of the symbol roots available
                  You have to create those yourself.

so does not allow you to create continuous contracts for the SPI (Symbol root AP)
                  Once you set up the symbol roots and the specific contracts as required it should create the continuous contracts as you can see in the enclosed screenshot of the continuous contract of SPI created in Multicharts using the eSignal feed
                  Alex

Originally posted by andrewgibbs777
                  Thanks Alexis. I've tried this, however Multicharts has not got all of the symbol roots available so does not allow you to create continuous contracts for the SPI (Symbol root AP) for example or the Nikkei (NK) etc. However maybe Multicharts can sort this their end as well.

Comment

Many thanks for the reply Alexis, I'll have a go. Thanks for your help, appreciated.

Comment

andrewgibbs777
                      You are welcome
                      Alex

Originally posted by andrewgibbs777
                      Many thanks for the reply Alexis, I'll have a go. Thanks for your help, appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                      X