Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect data with 2209

Over the weekend I've opened 2209 a total of around 20 times
    on 3 different computers and on 4 or 5 of those occasions I think I have connected to a server(s) that is given wrong data for symbols such as
    %JGB10 1!-TPX;2E;B;HMUZIN, %TPX 1!-TPX;2E;B;HMUZIN,
    JGB10 1!-TPX, $INDU
    For example, a 1 minute chart for JGB10 1!-TPX only plots bars
    for the last hour of trading on 1/28. A 5 minute chart for
    %JGB10 1!-TPX;2E;B;HMUZIN shows no data between 08/23
    and 14:00 on 1/28. A 5 minute chart for $INDU jumps back to
    08/21 from 1/29 with no data in between.

Being the weekend I couldn't contact LiveRep so that they could connect to the same server. However, as it occurred so often I thought I'd report it here.

Jay

Re: Incorrect data with 2209

There was no such problem with 10.6 over the weekend. However today, Monday, the same problem did occur with
    10.6 in about 25% of the times it was opened. I called tech
    support and they confirmed the problem. So it was not limited
    to 2209.

Jay

Originally posted by jay60
    Over the weekend I've opened 2209 a total of around 20 times
    on 3 different computers and on 4 or 5 of those occasions I think I have connected to a server(s) that is given wrong data for symbols such as
    %JGB10 1!-TPX;2E;B;HMUZIN, %TPX 1!-TPX;2E;B;HMUZIN,
    JGB10 1!-TPX, $INDU
    For example, a 1 minute chart for JGB10 1!-TPX only plots bars
    for the last hour of trading on 1/28. A 5 minute chart for
    %JGB10 1!-TPX;2E;B;HMUZIN shows no data between 08/23
    and 14:00 on 1/28. A 5 minute chart for $INDU jumps back to
    08/21 from 1/29 with no data in between.

Being the weekend I couldn't contact LiveRep so that they could connect to the same server. However, as it occurred so often I thought I'd report it here.

Jay

Comment

Since the data for 10.6 and 11 are coming from the same source (the DM), there really shouldn't be any differences, other than those triggered by a user setting. One trick to look at is the symbol monitor tool w/in the the DM. That'll show you the last full quote the DM is holding and you can compare against that.

To bring-up, go to the DM (should be in status bar) and hit F2 (or File, Symbol Monitor). Type in symbol and hit "to receiver".

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott,

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear, as usual!!

I did not mean that I was running 2209 and 10.6 at the same time
        on the same computer. It looks as though during numerous openings of each version separately, it was a hit 'n miss thing with a faulty server(s) as was comfirmed by tech support (Charles) about an hour ago.

Will try to be clearer next time. Haven't used my native English much in the last 43 years!

Jay

Originally posted by ScottJ
        Since the data for 10.6 and 11 are coming from the same source (the DM), there really shouldn't be any differences, other than those triggered by a user setting. One trick to look at is the symbol monitor tool w/in the the DM. That'll show you the last full quote the DM is holding and you can compare against that.

To bring-up, go to the DM (should be in status bar) and hit F2 (or File, Symbol Monitor). Type in symbol and hit "to receiver".

Thanks.
        Last edited by jay60; 01-31-2011, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Ahh, I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
          X