Symbols ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highfield
    That is interesting because as far as I know there is no option to sort the Quote Board. FWIW I just created a Quote Board containing various symbols then saved and reopened it and the symbols were in the same exact order I last saved them.
    As to the Market Cap the field is available and can be used to sort the Quote Window (see image below). However I don't believe that fundamental data is available at this time for non-US stocks.
    Alex

Comment

Really odd. But it get worse .... I now can't open a quotes summary file (.sum) and I get a message stating that "my symbol count exceeds that authorised by your password"

I counted less than 100 and when I looked in the data manager to find ROSCOMMAND_OP and other odd stuff that i have no idea how is got there.

$PLAYBACK
      $WRSYMCNT
      ROSCOMMAND_OP
      ROSCOMMAND_TP

Other than that is all UK stocks

Comment

I typed i another summary page and taken care to count the symbols and it appears to save and load ok now - I've taken the symbol reading from the data manager so it should be accurate. Still learning the ropes I'm affraid. I hope I'm not too much of a bother

The Quote board now loads up with the symbols in the same order I typed them in. Very odd that they changed in the first place but there you go. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Highfield
          No bother at all.
          When you do a count of current symbols remember to include any symbols for which you may have set an Alert.
          Also the number of symbols being currently viewed should be visible in the Sym box in the Status Bar near the two green OK boxes.
          If you have the impression that the symbol counter is stuck at a higher number than it should be (which does happen sometimes) try double clicking the Sym box and you should see the count clear itself. Alternatively go to File->Preferences and click the Reset Symbol Count button.
          Lastly, with regards to the "odd" symbols you found in the Data Manager I have those too and I do not believe they count towards the symbol limit.
          Alex

Comment

macavity

are there Eurostoxx-50 options as well?

Yes they are now available and thanks go to JayF who followed up on this. The symbol structure is the following
            [root symbol][space][month][year][C/P][strike inc decimals]-[exchange]
            for example
            September 2600 Call
            ET U3C260000-DT

Alex

Comment

......eurostoxx

Thx to you both - Alexis and Jay - this is superb.

-macavity

Comment

Working...
              X