searching for active futures contracts month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• searching for active futures contracts month

Is there a way to search for active contract futures in eSignal without having to download the data and do my own custom scan?

i.e. for each futures instrument, find me the most actively traded contract today or in the last few days, with a minimum volume of x.

Thanks

Try the autolist functionality in 10.6. Right-click on a futures contract and choose Autolist. It'll open a new window and using a wildcard in the background, grab all the contracts for that underlying root symbol. You can then sort by volume. There's not additional filtering possible, like min volume, as that's pretty much a scanning function and not available right now.

Thanks.

Comment

Cool thanks! I really use this feature. I didn't even notice it there.

Comment

Btw, I just noticed that the symbol linking only works one way - switching symbols within the autolist quote link to other windows.

Is this is really by design?

It'd be nice to have it both ways. As I constantly move between continuous futures contracts, and would like to also see right away the most active contracts in those.

Comment

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand the question. If you run an autolist, you can link to say a chart and as you click on each contract in the autolist, the chart is linked and changes as well. What do you mean by both ways?

Thanks.

Comment

What I mean by the other way is that say I have another regular quote window open that's symbol linked to the autolist window... I can move from say CL to GC and the autolist window would update as well to display GC contract months.

Comment

Working...
            X