Missing Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Data

Trying to do some preparation over the weekend I find myself wondering why chunks of data is missing all over the place, Nasdaq 100 chart is one example.
    Attached Files
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

Missing Data

Nasdaq 100
    You will notice comparing the two charts, the daily bars for the 8th an 9th are missing. This is one example, I came across a number of charts like this!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dhunniford; 06-11-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

i have the same.
      Missing data from my daily charts
      In the 30 minute charts the data is there - but in the daily charts all the data for the 9th June is not there.

Comment

It is because they did not do the roll correctly for the futures contracts on June 9th. Same issue with the Russell futures as well........

Comment

dhunniford,

It could be the server you are hitting as I'm not seeing missing bars when I look at $NDX. If you restart and see the gaps still, can you spell them out by date, interval etc.

Sounds like a separate issue if were also talking roll-over dates as $NDX doesn't get "rolled". Please list the specifics on that issue for further review. Specific symbols, interval, price in question, etc.

Thanks.

Comment

new day - data seems to be back

FYI - I am in Australia and was looking mainly at stocks here, and so there would not be any roll over issue.

I also downloaded data into some Excel spreadsheets I have and the whole day of the 9th June was missing and only gave me zeros.
            Today it seems the daily charts in ESignal are all updating correctly again and showing all the daily stock data.

Today is a new problem - I normally download using Qlink into Excel OHLC data. Previously it works, and recently I downloaded Esignal and Qlink to a new computer (one for home and one for work in different locations). Yesterday apart from missing data it all worked fine

Today when trying to download into Excel I get a Symbol Limit exceeded. When going into the data manager the Data>>Symbol>>viewed shows 139, Total 135, DMDB 122.....so not excessive.

However i noticed that in the data manager it says
            "Inet: Primary connection Normal : 3 users .... operating normally"

On closing down Esignal and reloading, it shows only one user, but when I turn on the Excel program I have to download the data into Excel, that is when it gives me the Exceeded sysmbol limit, and says there are three users....
            Any suggestions???

I am on the latest version of 10.6.224.946 (2/3/2011) using a new HP 64 bit computer.
            Thanks.
            Last edited by Adina; 06-12-2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

"Users" in the DM are defined as the # of connections so no need to worry. Not sure why you'd suddenly see a symbol limit issue but go ahead and contact our Sydney office and we can assist you further.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott, the problem seemed to have resolved itself by the next day, so you are probably right, server issue. It affected a wide and diverse variety if issues all of which I do not recal, not linked to rollover as you rightly stated.
                A few were $NDX, $UKX-FTSE, ISF-LON, $RUT, HG #F just name a few that I can racall. Any way as I say, seems to have rectified itself. All were on daily charts.
                Last edited by dhunniford; 06-13-2011, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X