Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continuous back-adjusted data (3rd party software)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous back-adjusted data (3rd party software)

Are there any plans to offer continuous back-adjusted data? I know you can construct your own in eSignal but it's very cumbersome exporting lots of data to 3rd party programs.

Some of your competitors offer it and it's a big negative IMO not offering it.

The following format for continuous contracts is available for use in 3p apps.

http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=4794&p=1

Thanks.

Comment

I know you can use #F but that's not adjusted. And unless I'm very much mistaken you can't use 1! in 3rd party applications.

Comment

The % format in that article has been exposed via our API to 3ps.

Thanks.

Comment

Well I can get %format to work in eS11 but not in InvestorRT. "eSignal historical server reports "No Data Available""

In any case for 3ps it says this is only for daily data, are there any plans to include intraday data?

Comment

In any case for 3ps it says this is only for daily data, are there any plans to include intraday data?
            Yes, we do need to expose intraday data for 3ps and that hopefully will be included in the next major API release based on the 11 series. I don't have an ETA to offer though.

Thanks.

Comment

Any news on this issue?

I am in the same situation as JokerJoe, I use InvestorRT for volume profiling and it is important to have a back adjusted continuous contract. DTN has been doing it for a year or so!
              Last edited by psudan; 02-18-2012, 01:43 AM.

Comment

It looks like this is still being worked on currently. We have bumped this request up in priority. I will post more information once I get it.
                Thank you,
                Eric O.
                eSignal Support

Comment

Here we go, rollover time and still no back-adjusted for 3rd party. Had enough! Moving to DTN-IQ at the end of the month.

Comment

3rd party continuous intraday

We are currently reviewing all of our features and offerings and we hope that this type of 3rd party support will be something that is included in our plans. For now we would encourage our clients to take advantage of the eSignal 11 series.
                    Thank you,
                    Eric O.
                    eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
                      We are currently reviewing all of our features and offerings and we hope that this type of 3rd party support will be something that is included in our plans. For now we would encourage our clients to take advantage of the eSignal 11 series.
                      What is the status of this? Is this still being worked on?

Comment

This has now been exposed to 3p's but it does require them to write to it and allow it.
                        Thank you,
                        Eric O.
                        eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                        X