Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang Seng Index futures do not update real-time

Hi,

I have subscribed to the Hong Kong futures exchange to get the Hang Seng index futures. However, they do not update in real-time in my advanced eSignal chart. I need to reacquire a data server (by left-clicking on the green status bar in the cursor window while pressing the CTRL key),in order to get price data updated.

Funny thing is, if I connect to eSignal using Ninja Trader and use a Ninja Trader chart, the chart is updated in real time.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Michael

Michael,

Looking at your connection history I don't see that you were connected to a Data Manager around the time of this post.

There's a couple of thing that this could be, Data Manager may not have been launched at the time, or a connection issues. For situation like this you could start with closing eSignal as well as the Data Manager, wait about 30 seconds and relaunch. If you're still not getting any data please contact Technical Support Via LiveRep or phone so that we can check your connecion to the servers.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Avery,

I was connected to a Data Manager all day Hong Kong time yesterday as I was trading the Hang Seng Index using the Ninja Trader chart. As mentioned in my post, the data manager works fine if I'm using a Ninja Trader chart and updates that chart in real time. It is just not updating an advanced eSignal chart (and I have to request for new data in order for it to update the eSignal chart).

Ninja Trader chart with eSignal Data Manager works fine.

eSignal chart with eSignal Data Manager on ES and YM work fine as well (as I was trading those contracts yesterday during the US morning hours).

OK. I'll call eSignal live support during Hong Kong trading hours.

Michael

Comment

OK. It is working now. I was using HSI N11-HKF when I should have been using HSI N1-HKF.

It's funny though. HSI N11-HKF was giving me the right historical data in my advanced eSignal chart. It just was not updating in real-time.

Michael

Comment

If I'm not mistaken the HSI N11-HKF symbol is valid for the purpose of histoical data. I'm just glad you were able to get things worked out with the symbols and the connection.

Avery
          eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
          X