Super long time to pull down ES #F data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super long time to pull down ES #F data

Could someone in support please create a 2500V chart on the ES #F in the latest version of 10.6 with a duration of 2 days of data and see how long it takes for your chart to come up without the cursor window saying "Receiving..."?

Because I'm now (past week) constantly getting hung up on that chart never completing its data fill and sometimes crashing out of 10.6 altogether just after the data pull does complete. Right now, I'm hung up on that data being fully received and it's been 30 mins. There's nothing wrong with my cable connection and all my other charts are working fine while the ES #F 2500V chart is still in "Receiving..." limbo.

I'm using the same Time Template for my CL X1=1 chart with a 366V and not having any problems getting to the end of that data pull.

I am on a 64 bit Windows 7 PC but the latest 10.6 I'm using is the 32 bit version.
    Last edited by SteveH; 10-06-2011, 07:12 AM.

volume charts for ES

looking deeper into this right now. Getting reports of similar issues. I will follow up here once I have more information. Contacting our tech support to provide your user information and having one of our reps get the servers you are connected to would help us out as well, if possible.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks.

What happens is that even if I close that window out, and try to bring up a new ES #F 2500V chart with no studies on it, the next time it will have the Cursor Window saying "Req Sent..." and I'll never get to the "Receiving..." message or any historical data getting pulled. I'll only get new 2500V bars coming in.

What I would have to do to get a new "Receiving..." attempt is to completely close out v10.6, closing the Data Manager and starting over with a new Data Manager and v10.6 instance running.

As I type this, I have finally gotten the data pulled on bringing my charts up for the 5th time. That's 2 hours later (and, obviously, my morning trading has been shot).

So, this is an intermittent problem, sometimes the data gets pulled, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes just after the data gets pulled successfully, v10.6 will issue a crash report. I know the data gets pulled because my charts change from black to the correct bar paintings which it will do once all of the studies got loaded successfully. I have no errors reported in the Formula Output window.

Now, my historical data is setup to pull from a server which has bid/ask tick data coming in. I think you also have data servers where you just get transaction tick data pulled (i.e., no bid/ask records). What you might try to do in your testing is to try the data pulls from the no bid/ask data server and see if that is flawless. If it is, then I'm willing to give a phone call to support and have my historical server connection switched over to just transaction tick data and make the problem (for me) go away and never return.

Comment

tick interval and volume charts crashing

After some testing we are able to see what the issue is here. It appears that this set of servers is sending a lot of data down to the program all at once and this is causing it to overflow some memory allocations. Our engineers are looking into this as we speak, right now the only work around is to request less data at once. Leaving a chart on dynamic so only the first screen populates with data and then scrolling back after that has loaded may help. The other workaround would be to get you off of this set of servers if you don't need the extended intraday data. PM me your information (username and/or customer ID) if you would like this done to your account.

I will post more information on this as I have it.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Eric,

I reported a few weeks ago (and this was verified by Avery) that downloading 10 days worth of historical tick data (from the Tools menu to save in a file, not loading it into a chart) for the ES #F symbol would crash v10.6 right near the end of the data download (in that case, over 23 million records were pulled).

Since the ES tick data is quite large on a per day basis, the two problems may be related even though one is loading into a chart and the other is to download to an historical file.

I don't have the extended tick data service on my account. For the chart load, I have it setup in the Time Template for 2 days on a V chart.

I'll setup that chart with a dynamic time template and see what happens.

Comment

tick charts

The problems could be related. You are going to a particular set of servers that might be pushing too much data at one time. Although you say you don't have extended intraday history on your account, there is something on the account that is routing you to this set of servers. I can't really give anymore details without account information though.

That being said, we are researching this issue right now. I will update with more information as I have it.
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
            X