Intraday Charts Reg Session End for 11/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intraday Charts Reg Session End for 11/25

Will the intraday charts adjust to show the Friday's U.S. Equities regular session closing at 1:00 pm EST on 11/25/11 before the open on 11/28/11?

Thanks

intraday charts

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking here. The intraday charts are going to be 24 hours charts unless there is a time template limiting them to certain hours. Can this be clarified?
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Friday's U.S. equity session (11/25) had an early close at 1:00 EST. I'm using the included "U.S. East Coast RTH" template in version 11 that displays charts between 9:30 am and 4:00 pm EST. The problem is that this shows the after hours data for Friday (11/25).

Is there anyway for me to just modify the trading hours displayed for just that one day? If not, then studies on charts such as moving averages are incorrect if you only want them to reflect regular session data. Does that make sense?

Comment

market hours

unfortunately there isn't a way to adjust the hours for just one day. I understand what you mean though and I am forwarding this concern to our developers to see if they can add a toggle into a future release of the program to better deal with holidays.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

I am running into a data problem around this date in question, which brought me to this post.

I am comparing different charting packages and I'm getting very different prices.

With eSignal, on the ES daily, I don't show a bar for 11/24/2011 at all. When you look at an intraday chart, you can see bars dated 11/24/2011. Also, I show the low price around this time to be 1147.50 on 11/25.

On other charting packages, such as NinjaTrader, I am seeing 11/24 on the daily chart and more importantly a low price of 1136.50 on 11/25. These are very different prices!

I've tried looking at ES #F, versus ES H2, versus ES M2, etc. and I can't see a 1136.50 print within eSignal at all!

Can someone please help me understand what is going on here?

Thank you,
          Daniel
          eSignal File Share: http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?groupid=1130

Comment

I am unable to find any data/information that says the ES reached a low of 1136.50 on 11/25/2011. I do not see this priced reached in the off trading hours of this day either. I'm not sure 1136.50 is the correct low for that day.
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
            X