Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGC #F - wrong contract

Hello

I track the CME micro Gold contract. The actual contract ist MGC J2, but the continous contract MGC #F shows the February contract MGC G2 with poor volume and a wide spread. It seems, that the continous contract don't roll over correct.

In addition, eSignal shows a 175.00 value when it is 1750.0 on CME.

Peter
    Last edited by habi; 02-07-2012, 11:28 AM.

Re: MGC #F - wrong contract

Peter
    If I remember correctly the #F continuous contracts are set to track all the listed months with some exceptions (see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase for complete details)
    From what I can see on the CME’s web site the listed months for MGC are February, April, June, August, October, and December and since the LTD is on the third to last business day of the delivery month the current front month appears to be February
    In fact if you use the CME's own chart and select the nearby contract it displays the February contract (see following screenshot)

Given the above you may want to use the 1! user defined continuous contract so that you can set it up to your requirements. For more information on how to set these up see this article if you are using 10.6 or this article if you are using version 11
    Alex

Originally posted by habi
    Hello

I track the CME micro Gold contract. The actual contract ist MGC J2, but the continous contract MGC #F shows the February contract MGC G2 with poor volume and a wide spread. It seems, that the continous contract don't roll over correct.

In addition, eSignal shows a 175.00 value when it is 1750.0 on CME.

Peter

Comment

Thanks Alexis for your replay

I will try to set a user defined continous contract. On the CME Quote page for MGC (here) at 8:45 CT today, it shows me 0 contracts traded for the February contract, but 1490 for the April contract. On the 60 min chart you see nearly no volume after end of November and we have now the same situation for the February contract. Any intraday charts make no sense.

If I compare the G2 and J2 contract volume then it seams to me, that people switched on January 25 and 26 to the April contract
      Attached Files
      Last edited by habi; 02-09-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X