Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update/backfill procedures with GTIS and contributor connection loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update/backfill procedures with GTIS and contributor connection loss?

Hello,

On Sunday open there was a connection loss with FXCM which did not come online again before Monday 3:17 PM GMT.

After this I have noticed that the missing data during the connection loss with FXCM does not get filled. Is this by error, or doesn't eSignal have any update or back filling procedures when this happens? I mean the data exists on FXCM's servers.

-Laurentius

@FXCM data

checking to see if something can be done about this. Will update here once I have more information
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Re: @FXCM data

Originally posted by eostrom
      checking to see if something can be done about this. Will update here once I have more information
      Thank you Eric.

Comment

@FXCM

Right now it's looking like we aren't going to be able to restore this data. We checking to see if it's at all possible though. Will update again.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Any updates?

If eSignal does not have any procedures regarding backfilling of data with GTIS after connection loss, I think this is a considerable weakness with the service which should have been improved.

- Laurentius

Comment

@fxcm

It doesn't look like we are going to be able to recover this data. We are looking at making some data corrections for what came in around this time, but that's all we can do at this point.
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

Ok. Thank you Eric for the follow up.

I did a workaround today by exporting/importing PFG data into the hole. Found out that the difference between FXCM and PFG is about a pip.

- Laurentius

Comment

Working...
              X