Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous Intraday Futures Data

Hello!)
    I am new client and was wondering if there is a list of the futures symbols which have continuous data. I need data with clean consecutive bars to test a few strategies in excel. I compared the WHEAT symbols and it turns out different symbols have different data presentation (W #F and QBW #F) . I have attached the snapshots of two charts - one daily and the other hourly wheat charts. My question is where I can find a list of the futures symbols which have clear continuous price data with no gaps?
    Thanks!
    Dima
    Attached Files

here is the hourly chart.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Continuous Intraday Futures Data

Dima
      If you are referring to the gaps between bars in either of your charts for the symbol W then those are just due to how the open outcry contract of Wheat trades ie rather sparsely. You may find the electronic contract of the same ie ZW #F to be more active and/or have more continuity
      As to QBW #F that is one of the special symbols created by eSignal for some US futures. If I remember correctly these are defined by the letter Q in front of the root symbol (or QB if the root symbol is a single letter like for Corn, Wheat, etc) and are the composite of the open outcry and electronic sessions. See this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase for a brief explanation of these special symbols.
      Alex

Originally posted by dima888
      Hello!)
      I am new client and was wondering if there is a list of the futures symbols which have continuous data. I need data with clean consecutive bars to test a few strategies in excel. I compared the WHEAT symbols and it turns out different symbols have different data presentation (W #F and QBW #F) . I have attached the snapshots of two charts - one daily and the other hourly wheat charts. My question is where I can find a list of the futures symbols which have clear continuous price data with no gaps?
      Thanks!
      Dima

Comment

Hello Alex!)
        Thanks for your helpful replies. Yes I am looking for the list of the highly-actively-traded futures. I want the data to be as continuous as possible - like you see on the charts of the forex currency pairs. Is there as list like that?
        Thanks!
        Dima

Comment

Dima
          I am not aware of the existance of any such list
          Alex

Originally posted by dima888
          Hello Alex!)
          Thanks for your helpful replies. Yes I am looking for the list of the highly-actively-traded futures. I want the data to be as continuous as possible - like you see on the charts of the forex currency pairs. Is there as list like that?
          Thanks!
          Dima

Comment

Working...
          X