Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data on esignal 11 wrong?!

Hello,

Been using esignal 10.6 and decided to finally think about checking out 11.

Looks good but the candlestick charts are completly different to 10.6 - I see more information on 10.6 then on 11?

ie, lets take for example Facebook (FB). Looking at the day it opened I see that some candles show large vix and larger body on 10.6 then on 11. In fact, even the numbering makes no sense on 11.

On Facebook the first candle on 10.6 shows at 11:30am:

Open: 42.05
    Close: 40.01
    High: 45.00
    Low: 38.85

However, on 11 it shows:
    Open: 38.36
    Close: 38.33
    High: 38.36
    Low: 38.33

How can I use v11 when the data is completely wrong??! I see this not just on FaceBook but on multiple stock charts - I cannot use this product if the basic figures are incorrect!

I have even attached screenshots of what I am seeing.

Am I being dumb in not setting something or is the product showing some weird figures?!

Thanks,
    Attached Files

Re: Data on esignal 11 wrong?!

lara400
    At my end on a 10 minute chart of FB the 11:30 bar of 5/18/2012 is showing the following values in version 11

As far as I can see these match the values shown in your chart of 10.6
    FWIW it seems to me that in the image you posted of the version 11 chart the cursor is not on the same bar as that of the 10.6 chart
    Alex

Originally posted by lara400
    Hello,

Been using esignal 10.6 and decided to finally think about checking out 11.

Looks good but the candlestick charts are completly different to 10.6 - I see more information on 10.6 then on 11?

ie, lets take for example Facebook (FB). Looking at the day it opened I see that some candles show large vix and larger body on 10.6 then on 11. In fact, even the numbering makes no sense on 11.

On Facebook the first candle on 10.6 shows at 11:30am:

Open: 42.05
    Close: 40.01
    High: 45.00
    Low: 38.85

However, on 11 it shows:
    Open: 38.36
    Close: 38.33
    High: 38.36
    Low: 38.33

How can I use v11 when the data is completely wrong??! I see this not just on FaceBook but on multiple stock charts - I cannot use this product if the basic figures are incorrect!

I have even attached screenshots of what I am seeing.

Am I being dumb in not setting something or is the product showing some weird figures?!

Thanks,

Comment

Hello,

Think I figured it out........mine does not show 18th May data on the 10min for some obscure reason!

It only displays 21st May...hmm....?!

Looking at "SPY" chart I also saw differences and this is due to the time templates. I am based in UK and when I select "East Coast RTH" the chart is completly messed up! Things uside down to what they should be on the chart. However, when I select "Auto" it fixes it....only problem is that it is then using my UK time and not US time.....aaarrrgghhh!

Wish this would just work first time!

Think I might stick with 10.6..

btw - how do you get a white background?

Thanks,
      Last edited by lara400; 05-22-2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

lara400
        Actually the cursors are not on the same bars in the two charts.
        In your chart of version 11 the cursor is on the 11:30 bar of 5/21/2012 whereas in the 10.6 chart the cursor is on the 11:30 bar of 5/18/2012 [look at the dates in the Data Window]
        Also in looking at your chart of version 11 I am guessing that you either have that version set to Local Timezone and your computer timezone is currently at GMT+1 or you have set that version to Other Timezone and selected a location that is currently at GMT+1 whereas version 10.6 is set to Exchange Timezone. The reason I am thinking this is that the bar on which your cursor is in the version 11 chart is actually at 6:30 EDT which would correspond to 11:30 in a timezone that is at GMT+1 at this time [such as for example British Summer Time]
        Alex

Hello,

Interesting - wonder why your one shows it correctly and mine does not?

The cursor is on the right place - this is proven by the panel thing being shown. You can see the time on v11 is 11:30am and also the time on v10 is 11:30am.

Really strange now!

(btw how did you get a white background?)

Thanks,

Comment

I edited my post....but you seem to fast for me!

Your right....time zones....

I am based in the UK and if I set "East Coast RTH" the chart wants to play mind games to me by mixing things up...

However, when I select Auto it fixes everything.....only problem then is that it chooses to display the time in UK instead of US...

I will see if there is a setting somewhere I can fix this...

I can see on 10.6 I have selected "East Coast RTH" and that works fine - v11 is not configured correctly it seems.

Any idea on the white background?

Thanks,
          Last edited by lara400; 05-22-2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

lara400
            You may want to review the New User Orientation (eSignal ver. 11.0) guide where you can find the answers to many of your questions.
            Specifically see the section regarding Themes for the application color and in it the link to the Application Properties article for information on the Timezones and Clock. See also the link to the Chart Window Basics article for information on the chart background color, time templates, etc
            Alex

I edited my post....but you seem to fast for me!

Your right....time zones....

I am based in the UK and if I set "East Coast RTH" the chart wants to play mind games to me by mixing things up...

However, when I select Auto it fixes everything.....only problem then is that it chooses to display the time in UK instead of US...

I will see if there is a setting somewhere I can fix this...

Any idea on the white background?

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
            X