Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Chart settlements incorrect on 11.4 (Gold)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Chart settlements incorrect on 11.4 (Gold)

I am hoping there is a simple reason or explanation for this problem that has been occurring for some time but I have yet to ask about it. If you look at a gold chart right now (GC Z2) it shows the settlement for today (yesterday's trade date) as 1640.60. However the settlement is actually 1642.90. The net change indicator seems to realize this is correct but the chart and data is not reflecting the correct settlement. At some point the price is correctly shown but I am not sure when the occurs or why it is not indicated now. For example all of the previous gold settlements are now correct but are not for some period of time after the day ends. When does the chart update to reflect the correct settlement and how do we know when that happens? 10.6 does not have this issue and correctly indicates the settlement of 1642.90.

Thanks.

Should be able to right click inside of the chart and select "Edit Chart" from here you would want to put a check mark in the box that says "Use Settlement price as Close" That should fix the issue for you.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

It looks like there may be more to this issue than just the box mentioned above. I will look into this further.
      Thank you,
      Eric O.
      eSignal Support

Comment

This is a known issue in the current version of eSignal 11. We are planning to fix this in an upcoming version of the program. I don't have an exact release date for the fix just yet, but it will be coming soon. Thank you
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Eric,

Thank you for following up on the issue I appreciate your help.

Comment

I wanted to followup on this question again if I could.

Is there any sort of date for an implementation on this fix?

Having correct chart data should seem like a priority. For example I am looking at a daily gold continuation chart right and as of this moment the close for January 8th's trade date is indicating 1660.40 when the settlement was really 1662.20. The "change" box on a watch list obviously knows that the settlement was at 1662.20 since it is reading correctly but the daily chart is still wrong.

Thanks.

Comment

This issue will not be fixed till the next majore release of the eSignal 11 application. Right now this is scheduled for eSignal 11.6 and it is a pretty major fix. I will let you know if anything changes. Thank you
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

I have been reporting this issue for the last 8 months even though it has been going on for much longer and was excited to see 11.6 released.

This issue is still not fixed! I am looking at a daily gold chart right now and it indicates the settlement price is 1607.50 when it should be 1606.10.

This is extremely discouraging for a company that promotes itself as having the most reliable data not to being able to repair a problem after such a long period of time. I have access to many different vendors (your competitors) and NONE of them have this problem. It is getting a bit tedious to need to double check your data against other sources. My renewal is coming up next month and is there a reason I shouldn't just ditch Esignal after 14 years? Is this problem ever going to be addressed? I always seem to have it in the back of my head that the data cannot be trusted and it is getting a bit much. It may not seem like a small problem but as an active trader the difference in settlement can make a big difference in a trading opportunity.

Thanks.

Comment

This bug is actually fixed in the latest version of the eSignal program (11.6). Unfortunately this has now uncovered a new bug. If you request the same chart a couple times you can get the chart to adjust and follow the daily settlements check mark box. That being said there is a bug where the first chart that is brought up like this will not have the settlements. This is something that we are working on here on our end and we hope to have fixed shortly.
                  Thank you,
                  Eric O.
                  eSignal Support

Comment

Thank you for the followup. Hopefully will be completely fixed soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X