Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price Bars in tick based charts look different almost every time Esignal is opened.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Bars in tick based charts look different almost every time Esignal is opened.

I use extensively tick based charts (ES Emini 500T, 1500T, 4500T, 13500T) instead of time based for trading activities and it is highly disconcerting when doing historic checks and backtesting of trades to find the price bar different to that at time of trading when reopening Esignal. This of course would not happen with time based charts unless there was an exceptional circumstance.

This issue casues real problems when ensuring all trades are taken mechanically to the find later that it would not have been taken due to the price bar now looking different.

The same issue happens when you place any drawing tools such as arrows and lines to find them shifted after saving the page and then reopening Esignal due to price bar changes.

Why is this happening and what can be done to prevent it.

Originally posted by rcamrn123 View Post
    The same issue happens when you place any drawing tools such as arrows and lines to find them shifted after saving the page and then reopening Esignal due to price bar changes.
    I have not seen any changes in the price bars when using Price Change (20P) charts, but I do have the same problem as the OP with the drawing tools not being where they were drawn before closing the 20P charts. But I have not seen this in 1 minute charts. I reported this in the Bug Report a number of weeks ago.
    Last edited by jay60; 08-14-2013, 06:30 AM.

Comment

The issue with the charts changing like this should have been corrected with a server update that we did on our end. I'm looking into the line tool issue that you are seeing at this time and I will provide more information once I have it. Thank you
      Thank you,
      Eric O.
      eSignal Support

Comment

Dear Eric

when was this update done. I have seen this issue virtually daily including today:-

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
        The issue with the charts changing like this should have been corrected with a server update that we did on our end. I'm looking into the line tool issue that you are seeing at this time and I will provide more information once I have it. Thank you
        Regarding moving of draw tools, it happens to Arrows/Drawing Rectangles/Price Rulers being shifted from where you last saved them and reopen eSignal at least in the various tick based charts I am using.

Robert

Comment

Do you have a specific example for the ticks being inconsistent? If you do please drop me a PM so that I can take a look and we can get this fixed. Thank you
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by jay60 View Post
            I have not seen any changes in the price bars when using Price Change (20P) charts, but I do have the same problem as the OP with the drawing tools not being where they were drawn before closing the 20P charts. But I have not seen this in 1 minute charts. I reported this in the Bug Report a number of weeks ago.
            Here's an example of the Channel tool shifting after reopening. I don't know if it's related to the cause, but please note how the anchor is detached. There were many Trend Lines on the same chart that had also shifted position.Click image for larger version

Name:	TC before.GIF
Views:	1
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	242888Click image for larger version

Name:	TC after.GIF
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	242889

Comment

Does this correct itself if you scroll back further on the chart?
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

I don't know. I'll try that next week.

Comment

I just tried on another computer. I drew 8 Channels. One slightly changed position and another quite a bit (pls see attached).
                  I scrolled back, contracted and expanded the x and y axis. It did not correct itself.Click image for larger version

Name:	Before and after.GIF
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	242890

Comment

I'm having trouble duplicating this issue. Still investigating...
                    Thank you,
                    Eric O.
                    eSignal Support

Comment

I'm having trouble duplicating this issue. Still investigating...
                      As I said it's spordic. Also, are you using a Price Change chart, such as 20P? For some reason I don't notice the problem in 1 minute charts.

Comment

here are my experience with live in trading price bars, tools and indicators a typicl example on 1500T and 4500T tick charts on emin ES from yesterday:-
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Original.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	242891

here is the same screen shot after opening today:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	After reopen.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	242892

Virtually every price bar looks different.

It has affected many of indicators giving different results

The drawn tools have been shifted

This is quite serious considering I am relying on the indicators to trade and then use the charts for back testing to ensure I am getting the best out of the indicators.

A quick resolve to the issue would be most welcome

Robert.

Comment

@rcamrn123

When you open the program and then leave it open for a few hours, if you then refresh the chart does the data change for you?
                          Thank you,
                          Eric O.
                          eSignal Support

Comment

@rcamrn123

I believe this could be related to a known issue that we are working on. I should have more information on this issue soon, I will post here when I get an update.
                            Thank you,
                            Eric O.
                            eSignal Support

Comment

Dear Eric,

@rcamrn123

I believe this could be related to a known issue that we are working on. I should have more information on this issue soon, I will post here when I get an update.
                              Thank you for your feedback. The problem is the same no matter how long you keep the charts open after restarting Esignal. Hope for resolution soon.

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X