Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server problems remain unfixed if.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server problems remain unfixed if.......

Sometimes there are data related problems that usually occur when 11 is first opened. Such as no data for one of the symbols that you have on a page etc. This is almost always fixed by reopening 11 and connecting to a new server. However, I have noticed the same problems recurring at a later date when it seems that you have hit that server again.
    I almost never have data problems during market hours, but over the years I have read about hundreds of such cases on the Forums. The answer is always to contact support to see which server the user is on. But if the user can't spare the time at that moment, the server problem remains unfixed.

Wouldn't it be possible to have a way for the user to easily identify the current server before he closes 11 so that he can report the incident later with the server's number?

Thank you for considering this

If we are actually having server problems as you say, I can see how a feature like this would be helpful. I can assure you, that this is not a server issue in most cases and knowing what server that you are connected to isn't really going to help, because it's somewhat unlikely that you are connecting to that same server and seeing the same issue later on. On top of this, we do not leave server issues such as this unfixed. If you suspect a server issue and you don't have the time to call into tech support, feel free to drop us an email about it and we can take a look and verify if there is an issue. Thank you
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
      If we are actually having server problems as you say, I can see how a feature like this would be helpful. I can assure you, that this is not a server issue in most cases and knowing what server that you are connected to isn't really going to help, because it's somewhat unlikely that you are connecting to that same server and seeing the same issue later on. On top of this, we do not leave server issues such as this unfixed. If you suspect a server issue and you don't have the time to call into tech support, feel free to drop us an email about it and we can take a look and verify if there is an issue. Thank you
      Be it by phone or by email, whenever I've reported certain types of data problems after closing eSignal the answer has always been that as you could not tell which server I was on at the time nothing could be done. So the problem remained unfixed. And from what you say, there is still no way to tell.

The reason I posted this was that I had such a data problem last Saturday, and recalled that I had made the same suggestion a few years ago. Anyway, at the time it was said to be an 'outstanding suggestion'!!

http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....558#post141558
      Last edited by jay60; 08-19-2013, 07:23 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure if it was available at the time of your original post, but as of right now we have the ability to see where you were connected even if you are not currently connected. So seeing what server you were on so we can test will not be an issue.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
          I'm not sure if it was available at the time of your original post, but as of right now we have the ability to see where you were connected even if you are not currently connected. So seeing what server you were on so we can test will not be an issue.
          Well, it's good to know that now. That will make eSignal life much easier!!

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X