emini data Lag question - now resolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emini data Lag question - now resolved

I am not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I am running IB TWS side by side with my E-Signal feed, and there is at least 1.5 points of lag for the S&P E-Mini Contract for September. Can someone help me out and explain why there is such a serious error in the data feed?

Thomas.

Just checked again . . .

I just watched this over the past few minutes, and the quote is off exactly 1.5 points between the close and the ask. Meaning that if E-Signal says the market is 1012.00, the live market is 1013.5. I hope this can be fixed soon.

T

Comment

arbifox,

Are you sure you're comparing apples to oranges?

The emini rolled yesterday to December, and it is likely that IB already rolled the symbol for you. I suspect you are comparing the active December contract in IB to the low volume September contract in eSignal. Try ES Z3...
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Arbifox

Jay is right

We rolled in ES Z3 !!!!

Me too I do experience problems from time to time , but 90% of the time I discover that the mistake was on my side.!

We all Before point the finger we should double check !!!

(besides that I have IB too, but I woluldn't put my hand on fire for their book!!!! even if I'm pretty satisfied.)

Fabrizio

PS. JAY the beloved splecheck button is there but Am I missing something ? is reluctant to work!
        Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

I know, but . . .

I know all about that, and I understand that we rolled yesterday, but I am getting my quotes on ES #F . . . oh wait . . . I think I know what the issue is.

My trading program is still trading the September contract, and the quotes that I am getting are off on my fills.

I figured it was something like that, but was not sure. Checking into it . . .

but thanks so much for the quick feedback.

T

Comment

Originally posted by fabrizio
            [B

PS. JAY the beloved splecheck button is there but Am I missing something ? is reluctant to work! [/B]
            It works off of a pop-up window, so be sure to disable any pop-up blocker software.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

but still . . .

Should the ES #F still pull back the value of the December contract, or is this just today that it is off? Something is still a little fishy.

T

Comment

Thomas
                ES #F rolled over to Dec front month on Wednesday September 10th at 15:45 CT whereas ES #F=2 rolled over to Dec on Thursday September 11th at 08:30 CT.
                Alex

Comment

all set . . .

Guys,

Thanks so much for checking into this, this is the first time I went through the change of the month on the contract. I have it all set, all is working well. Thanks so much for your speedy response.

Thomas.

Comment

Working...
                  X