Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eurex Bund quotes stopped at 12:02 (GMT-5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurex Bund quotes stopped at 12:02 (GMT-5)

Eurex Dec 03 Bund quotes stopped at 12:02 (GMT-5). System Status as of 12:22 is green normal, but no Bund quotes.

Don't you guys in data integrity have the ability to recognize when your quotes on the highest volume futures contract on the planet goes down. Apparently not. You must depend on your customers to tell you when something is down.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Please fix the problem with the Bund quotes ASAP.

Thank you
    Market Monk

We did have an internal alarm go off and the feed has since been restored. We are researching what caused the brief outage. Updating System Status is a manual process and the feed was restored before we had a chance to post the issue. We're looking at ways to make System Status more "real time" so it's of greater benefit to users.

Thanks.

Comment

I am still down

I am still down. Please advise what I should do to get my Bund quotes running. They just started as I write this post. Seems like a long delay between the time they were supposed to be fixed and I am getting quotes. 41 minutes passed before the quotes started again. By the way, I closed and reopened eSignal 3 times to see if that would help and it did not.

Thank you for clarify the exact steps I should take to get quotes up and running after they have been restored by your office.

Thank you
      Market Monk

Comment

We just got word that while connectivity had been restored for that feed, certain contracts were still not updating. As you noted, that has now been resolved as well. You shouldn't need to make any adjustments on your end. In this case, we had a secondary problem and weren't initially aware of it. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks.

Comment

Bund screen shot

Bund screen shot of how the Bund quotes came back on online. It is unacceptable.
          Attached Files

Comment

Unaware and clueless?

The lack of knowledge that the Bund was not updating and there were "secondary problems" is unacceptable. Where
            are the professionals when they are needed. They must have been out to lunch.

The Bund is the highest volume futures contract on the planet. The Bund should be No. 1 priority for eSignal techs and data integrity people when it comes to futures quotes. Like I said in my first post. You must need your customers to let you know when something is wrong. Even though you think everything is OK.

Regards,
            MarketMonk

Comment

MarketMonk,

Thank you for taking the time to further express your point of view. We appreciate all feedback, albeit positive or negative.

Regarding today's outage, we had a critical network failure with the router that acts as the first point of entry for several feeds, including Eurex. Alarms went off inside the Network Control Center and it took approx. 16 minutes to restore that connection. From that point on, a series of sub-processes needed to be restarted in order to get the system back to normal operating condition. This took approx. 24 more minutes to complete. I posted my first response to you in between getting notification that the connection had been reestablished and the follow-up notice that each sub-process had been successfully restarted. As with all significant outages, our Network Management Team will be conducting a full review of this incident to identify preventative measures and find ways to speed-up our response.

There are times when customers can be of great value to us by helping us to identify problems but in this case, our alarms worked exactly as they should and our engineers worked as fast as they could to restore service. We should have been a bit clearer in our internal and external communications so we'll take a look at how we can improve in that area right away.

In terms of the chart you posted, this is unfortunately a side-effect to how the data sub-process is restarted and we do not have a way of replaying that data or smoothing out those bars. Down the road, more major network changes are planned and issues like this will be addressed and corrected.

Thanks.

Comment

Dear Scott,

Thanks for your information on what happened and what has been done to resolve it.

I find it regrettable that the missing data has not been restored.

This way, customers do not only have a problem because of missing data, but now, preparing for the opening, I find that my charts are unreliable.

I can image that this is a manual job which can take a lot of effort. However, I must agree with MarketMonk that the BUND and BOBL are not just contracts nr. 234215, but two major futures for European (and outside) traders. Same goes for Eurostoxx 50 by the way.

Hope this can get a place in your problem solving procedures for the futures.

Regards,

Edo.

Comment

Working...
                X