Instinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instinet

My current data provider does not provide all Instinet quotes. I have several questions about eSignal's Instinet data.

Does eSignal provide Instinet quotes for listed and Nasdaq stocks?

Does eSignal provide Instinet quotes for pre and post market trading (Listed and OTC)?

Does eSignal provide level 2 quotes for Instinet?

Is there a way for retail customers to get level 1 Instinet data for all equities during all market hours?

Re: Instinet

Originally posted by santos
    Does eSignal provide Instinet quotes for listed and Nasdaq stocks?
    Instinet is quoted on the Market Depth window for Nasdaq stocks (in Level II), however this is not the case for listed stocks with NYOB.

Does eSignal provide Instinet quotes for pre and post market trading (Listed and OTC)?
    You can access pre-post market trading, on a chart, Quote Window (Last/Form T Last Field), or Time & Sales Window.

Does eSignal provide level 2 quotes for Instinet?
    We do not carry a separate book for Instinet at this time.

Is there a way for retail customers to get level 1 Instinet data for all equities during all market hours?
    I believe you are referring to the Best Bid and Best Ask for only Instinet. If that is the case then no, there isn't a way to do that at this time for all equities.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

thanks for the reply. It seems strange that Instinet will not allow retail customers to pay for their data feed. It would only result in more business for their ECN. To take it a step further, Broker Dealers are given access to the data but not data providers. B/D's are generally not in the data business....why not sell the data to data providers??

Do you have a contact at Instinet so I can discuss this further?

Comment

I agree. To confirm, I just called Instinet on their main line, and they confirmed they only sell the book feed to Broker-Dealers. As far as contact info, I would just suggest using this page.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

thanks again. I have also called them. It is quite ironic that Instinet spends so much time trying to fight ITS rules with the NYSE and they don't even allow Retail customers to view their data. (Not to support ITS rules but at least the NYSE lets retail customers view their data)

Comment

Working...
          X