Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I import a years work of Forex tickdata in to eSignal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I import a years work of Forex tickdata in to eSignal?

I'm looking for a simple graphical program to view historical Forex tickdata. eSignal looks competent, and is prolly cheaper than some of the larger programs. I am going to place trades using my FX brokers java app, but I would like to do research using a "real" Windows program.

I read that eSignal downloads 10 days of intraday tickdata from its server, can I browse more if I import it? I expect eSignal has a local database that it updates from the "Universal Server", and can also accept data imports from ASCII files.

I want to anaylyze a few years of tickdata with some of my custom programs written in C, then I want desk check it using a graphics program (hopefully eSignal), then I want to trade whatever methodology I can hammer out using my brokers Java app.

While I'm mentioning it, does anyone know of a good source for EUR/USD, EUR/JPN, and JPN/USD tickdata in ASCII format?

thanks!

xorrex,

eSignal only stores the previous 10 days on tick history. While we're on the verge of expanding our intraday bar history, we will be remaining at 10 days worth of ticks for the forseeable future. We also don't currently provide an easy mechanism for local storage, although that's being explored by engineering for a future version.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X