QQQ data for 11/11 missing in GET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QQQ data for 11/11 missing in GET

I'm missing the 60 minute data in GET for 11/11 (yesterday) and 11/12 (today). I can view the daily data. I've downloaded fresh data, and still have the problem.

Thank you for your help.
    Mike
    Thanks,
    Mike

It may have been caused by a Network Outage at our Hayward location, but I'm not positive. I'll report this to our Advanced Get Team in order to gather further information.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

I spoke with our resident data expert, Mark Hamric, and he said if you go on the "Online" mode you will find the data. When you download tonight it will append your missing data so it will also be there tomorrow in offline mode. If you have any problems with this software or with downloading, feel free to contact us via email at: [email protected] or call us at 510-264-1700
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Below is a little bit more on the eSignal Wizard Data.....
      Online Mode / Offline Mode

When you start Advanced GET with eSignal Wizard, you will notice that there are two lights in the bottom right corner of the application.

They will start out red in color (Disconnected), change to yellow (Connecting), and then finally turn to green (Connected). Depending on your connection speed, this can happen very quickly. If the yellow (Connecting) lights turn red (Disconnected), this means that Advanced GET could not connect to the eSignal data servers. At this point you should exit Advanced GET and the eSignal data manager, then restart the Advanced GET application.

If you are not connected to the Internet, or have not installed the eSignal Data Manager, then Advanced GET will start in offline mode. Advanced GET will only display data that is local to your hard drive. You still have all of the features of Advanced GET, but will not be able to update the current displayed chart with the current day’s data.

If at any time you do not want to start Advanced GET in Online Mode, hold the Control Key on your keyboard down while double clicking on the Advanced GET Icon. If you never want to us Advanced GET in Online Mode, then you can add the /d command line parameter to your Advanced GET Icon on your desktop. To do this, right click on your Advanced GET icon on the desktop and choose Properties. Then under the Shortcut Tab, change the Target to read:

c:\get\get.exe /d

Click OK, and now Advanced GET will always load in Offline Mode each time you use this Icon.

When loading a new chart in online mode, you will notice that the date in the upper right corner of the chart window will change. It will first be the date of your local data’s most current bar date, then it will change to today’s date after receiving the intraday update. **Remember the current day’s data before you perform a data download, will be delayed by 20 minutes. A daily download for the current data is only ready to update your local data at 4:45pm eastern standard time.

During the loading of a chart, you will see the words Receiving at the top of the chart window.

Once the chart has been updated, the Receiving message will disappear. Now your data is updated to the current daily bar twenty minutes delayed.

New Available Symbols

If you are connected to online mode, you have the ability to load a symbol that is not in your issue list. You have access to any Options symbol, Mutual Fund symbol, OTC symbol, or Bulletin Board symbol. This data will display on a chart, but will not save to your local hard drive’s history databank. Once you close the chart, the data will be removed. The Advanced GET Search feature cannot access this data. (Only local history data can be searched).

eSignal Data Manager

The eSignal Data Manager is the application that delivers the intraday updates to your Advanced GET program. It is a connection to the Internet that brings down the 20 minute delayed data when you are in Online Mode. This program does not exit when you close the Advanced GET program. You will need to manually exit the eSignal Data Manager. If you are in Offline mode, the eSignal Data Manager will not start.
      Attached Files
      Marc

Comment

Working...
      X