No announcement yet.

Continous Contract Sydney Futures Exch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continous Contract Sydney Futures Exch.

What is the correct make for the "continuous contract" for the SPI 200 Index Future and not just the current one (AP Z3-SFE = current contact not continuous)?

Please Help

Hi,

Currently we only have continuous contracts on U.S. domestic futures. We do plan to add them on our international offerings in the future. A date for that is not yet made.

Regards,
    Andy

Comment

Let's not wait too long on this, ok? (Continuous contracts for foreign futures - #F). The DAX and other foreign futures are becoming quite popular, so the need is there now.

Thanks,
      saxon

Comment

I agree. The international contracts have been neglected for too long. I don't see any reason why continous contracts cannot be maintained for all contracts.

Comment

We have been a bit behind in creating continuous contracts for European and Asia/Pacific Futures and that's been in part due to several transitions we've undertaken in how we receive data from these respective exchanges. That's pretty much all sorted out now so the road is clear to getting these continuous contracts in place.

The real goal is to let the desktop build these contracts and not to do it at the server level, as we currently do. By doing so, each user could set the roll-over date as they choose and as new contracts became available, or as we launched new exchanges, users could immediately set-up a continuous contract and not wait for us to create one.

We're hoping to have something ready in Q1/Q2 of next year.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott

Its a relief to know that the matter is being looked into. A lot of Asian contracts are very short, about a month and you have problems during the beginning of any month.

Moving the task client side is always a double edged sword. I would imagine it causes more support issues than it solves.

Rgds

Comment

Continuous contracts Europe/Asia

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the good news we can expect continuation charts sometime in the future.

Both my friend and I are clients on 30 day trial and for us it is vital to have Eurex continuation charts. To expedite matters is it possible for eSignal

1. to create a standard continuation chart at the server level right away

1. to defer to a later date the added complexity of creating the charts at the desktop level

Thank you
              Guido

Comment

Hi Guido

I think to replied to me rather than Scott so he maybe a little later in replying. However I suspect it will be a while. I use a software called TradeStation 2000i which can cache the data.

Rgds

Comment

Hi Guido,

We are still in the research phase of the project to add continuous contracts for European and Asia/Pacific Futures. We're strongly considering a move to the desktop but we don't know 100% sure which way we're going to go and how long it will take us. We have several network projects underway at the moment so unfortunately, you won't be seeing anything in the near future. Still looking to have something ready in Q1/Q2 of next year.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Continous Contract Sydney Futures Exch.'

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your speedy reply.
                    Is there some way we could be informed if and when something is ready?

Thanks
                    Guido
                    ----- Original Message -----
                    To: <[email protected]>
                    Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 6:39 PM
                    Subject: Reply to post 'Continous Contract Sydney Futures Exch.'

> Hello illeghems,
                    >
                    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    >

Comment

We typically launch new data types along with new versions of eSignal. Keep an eye on these forums for announcements of new versions being beta tested or released.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X