Advancing - Declining Issues for NDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advancing - Declining Issues for NDX

How can I get the Advancing - Declining data for the nasdaq 100 (NDX). It is available for NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ but I can not find it for the NDX. Help!!

WHAT IS ADVANCING AND DECLINING DATA?

Comment

jpmacneil -- I just don't think we have advancing or declining Nasdaq 100 data? It won't hurt my feelings if someone can prove me wrong.

silverxx12 -- Advancing and declining data may be referring to data collected to help measure a particular markets "breath" of activity or involvement. It is a measurement of how many stocks in a particular index are advancing as opposed to how many are declining. Some look at other things such as up, down, unchanged issues and total volume. They want to know what extent is the market as a whole actually advancing, or declining? We can sometimes draw insights into possible changes-in-trend or bias building based on conclusions from this type data. Some look it to build bullish or bearish momentum conclusions. Click here to see symbols for some of this kind of data.
      Marc

Comment

Advancing - Declining Data NDX

When you say we don't have the data did you mean just ESignal or did you mean you don't know of anyone who collects it? there are many sources that use the ADD data for the Nasdaq 100. Many that do however lack the ability to develop or modify a pre existing formula to put the data in. The data can be used in OmniTrader and TradeStation but you need a third party feed for the data as well as some basic skills in putting the formula together. DTN IQ provides the ADD for the NDX on a intraday minute by minute basis but they don't have a platform like ESignal that can be modified. If I could just get the data, which I am very surprised ESignal does not have, I would be grateful.

Comment

Advance-Decline

Symbol For Nasdaq 100 is $ADDQ.

Comment

Advance - Decline Nasdaq 100

$ADDQ is the symbol for the Advancing - Declining issues in the Nasdaq Composite Index, not the Nasdaq 100.

Comment

We do not carry the Advancing - Declining Issues for the Nasdaq 100 at this time. If you would like to see this added in the future and/or if you have any other suggestions, please email our Product Development Team at [email protected].
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

Working...
              X