Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Boxing Day" Issue (formally "Historical Data Problem")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Boxing Day" Issue (formally "Historical Data Problem")

The Eurex contracts like the AX and GB have very short histories (like 1 hour)? Is there something wrong with the DRB servers?

AX H4-DT...Charts in seconds, no data for previous days!

Comment

On Monday the GB data started normally.....(2300 PST) and when I refreshed all the data from 2300-0000 was missing.

Today same thing happened PLUS, NO data for 12/29/03 at all (even if I refresh).

Pretty hard to trade with missing data.

Bruce

Comment

Not sure why but my Eurex data is fine. Is there a server problem somewhere?
        Helen

Comment

My servers are the default, CM*.esignal.Com. Also using eSignal version 7.5. I have the same problem with Dynaloader for eSignal.
          Last edited by cael; 12-30-2003, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Hi,

We are aware of this problem and it has been reported to our engineering.
            Thanks,

Comment

Could we know when it will be fixed...Thanks
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kasama1; 12-30-2003, 06:58 AM.

Comment

In seconds...only 1 hour!
                Attached Files

Comment

Our engineers continue to investigate the problem where some Eurex symbols are missing data. This also seems to affect a few domestic symbols like

CC H4
                  SB H4
                  KC H4
                  CT H4

As we know more, we'll post it to this thread.
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

Further investigation on this has indicated that any exchange that took the 26th as a holiday (in addition to Christmas) has been affected by this problem. Engineering is still investigating the cause and will have more information as it becomes available.
                    Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

We have found the problem on our servers. There is an issue on the client side that for markets that have holidays that are on Thursday and Friday, they are missing data on certain days even though the data is on the servers. We are testing a server-side fix for this, and expect to have this rolled out next week. Our approximate time frame for this problem to be corrected is Wednesday, January 7th.

Thank you for your continued patience.
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

Thanks for your reports Jay. This threads moderator helenque says she does not have this problem. Since the problem is client side could it be that she has an earlier version of the data manager? (i.e. will going back to an earlier version 'solve' this problem for a while until the actual eSignal fix?)

Comment

personally I have the same problem with esignal 7.4

Comment

This might be a little off topic for this thread but I am hoping that Jay can pick this up. Its just after new year and I was wanting to look at the Hang Seng contract.

This is a monthly contract and only the spot month has any volume (about 30,000 contractss per day). Right now though the Z3 contract has disappeared and the H4 contract is current. But the H4 has no volume to speak off. In otherwords the whole symbol has 'disappeared'.

Really hope that eSignal will look further into providing a #F for foreign contracts.

Comment

I just loaded my GB and ET charts and there's no data there at all.

I sure hope we'll have at least the last trading day of data before the market opens tommorrow.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                              X