S&P E-mini (ES H4) tick server not retrieving quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&P E-mini (ES H4) tick server not retrieving quotes

I'm downloading tick data from the tick history servers using the Control API (VB.NET application). Today (1/8/04), I'm seeing some very strange behavior from the tick servers.

The trades and quotes look just fine until 4:24pm EST, at that point I continute to receive trade ticks, but I stop receiving quote ticks. The streaming data appears unaffected so I think this is a problem with the tick servers (though it's difficult to tell with the trades and quotes streaming very slowly after hours).

Any idea what could be wrong with the tick servers this afternoon?
    Last edited by mburkhart; 01-08-2004, 02:31 PM.

We're seeing some capacity issues on selected tick servers so bid/ask updates are not currently being stored on those particular servers. Others are OK so please try logging on/off until you get connected to a server that delivers that information.

Problems should be resolved tomorrow.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the update, Scott. Is there any way to determine which server that the Data Manager is connecting to?

We're working on a product that connects to eSignal, and it's us that the customers will be calling when the eSignal tick servers act up. It would help our troubleshooting immensly if we could find out which data server they are connecting to. This would help us determine if the data problem is occuring in our application, or from the eSignal tick servers.

Comment

At the present time, there is no way for an external user to identify which server(s) they are connected to. One reason we've not made this possible yet is that the customer can't really control what server they connect to ( and it could be dynamically changing all the time ) so the information would simply be FYI stuff.

Internally, we have access to a history of connections for each user and yes, it's a very helpful tool for troubleshooting.

The issue with turning off quotes yesterday was really an isolated occurrence and 99.9% of the time, all server types within our farm should be exact copies of each other, hence eliminating varied results. We're scrambling with some tick server issues at the moment but all of those problems should be resolved soon.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks.

Comment

FYI:

Market activity is high again today and since we haven't resolved all the tick server problems yet, we are turning off the quotes to selected tick servers. With the weekend ahead, hopefully we'll have enough time to get these problems under control and be back OK for Sunday night's trading.

Thanks.

Comment

In a related issue...

When I connect to the Data Manager (and the tick server) using the Control API, I'm only receiving 1000 ticks for selected futures (ES H4, AX H4-DT, among others).

I saw that there are current issues with the history servers in another thread. Would the current problems with the DAX (AX H4-DT) effect the S&P E-mini (ES H4) as well?
            Last edited by mburkhart; 01-09-2004, 11:33 AM.

Comment

My apologies for the earlier unrelated post.

There was a problem that occurred during the upgrade process, that caused this to occur. We have identified the cause, and this should be repaired with the next round of upgrades due out by the end of next week.
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

Thanks so much for the quick replies. I appreciate your keeping us informed on the current problems- now stop posting and go get em fixed!

Comment

mburkhart,

Please don't misinterpret our posting as not working on the problems seen recently. Our Engineers and QA Teams are working tremendously long and hard on fixing these issues, all the while sending us in the Client Services Department updates as they come up for air. One of our goals in the CS Dept. is to convey these updates to our users as quickly and effectively as possible. In essence, the time we are taking to post these updates is not taking away from the time spent on fixing them... they are two separate resources. I hope the clarifies things a bit further.
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

Mike,

now stop posting and go get em fixed!
                    c'mon...these are some of the most professional and respectful people I've interacted with. I don't think I'd have such a professional/courteous response to that.
                    Michael

Comment

I didn't mean to imply that eSignal wasn't working hard on these issues - it's obvious from the various threads that they are taking them very seriously and working very hard.

My "get to work" post was just supposed to be a "go get em" cheer for the home team.

I'm extremely satisfied with the quick response to the issues that I've seen from eSignal. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                      X