Server overload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server overload?

What is the cause of the severe lag fin retrieving data for the last 3 days? Are the servers overloaded? I have gone through every senario at 4 different locations. And no issues on this end. PC's are far above the power user recommendations, Internet access is (bandwith) is great on this end, CPU usage not an issue. Anyone at esingal have any answers for the major delay in charts loading.

Fibbgann
    Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Hi,

I've been trying to replicate what you're reporting here but the charts I've tried are loading quite quickly. No other reports of problems since we loaded the new tick server version across the farm yesterday. Also, we have plenty of capacity.

Again, it would be helpful to get much more specific information so our research can be more productive. For ex:

What symbols are slow to retrieve? Do some respond faster than others? Have you tried different types of symbols (indices vs stocks for ex ). Do you get the same results when trying to access a 1 min chart, a tick chart and say a daily chart? The more information the better.

We already have your username so we can check which servers you are connected to.

Thanks.

Comment

I've noticed lagging data here, too. However, winsig's cpu usage also pegs at 99% much of the time which causes my system clock to not match the real time. I know this because I sync my clocks with ntp. This morning, for instance, I was out of sync by 2 minutes 27 seconds. Usually the difference is less than 30 seconds after 10-20 minutes. Other times there is no difference. This makes trading difficult. My bandwidth is not saturated.

Is there some way we can proifile winsig to determine the bottleneck?

Comment

Please take a look at this extensive FAQ on performance/CPU issues using eSignal. If your CPU is pegging near 99%, I think it makes sense to first tackle what's causing that situation before we move to possible server or bandwidth issues. You can experiment by using different layouts or removing EFS's and see what reduces the CPU usage. Make sure you have removed old lines from your charts as well. Also a good idea to check your PC against our updated System Requirements.

If you can isolate what's causing the high CPU usage on your system, we can hopefully give some further assistance in helping to alleviate the situation.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X