US stock exchanges??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US stock exchanges??

Hi all, can someone give me a listing of all the different exchanges that e.signal trade for us equities.
    I came across an exchange like NMS for a stock nihd but was suprised to find that it was not traded on the nasdaq exchange ,unless of course i'm mistaken-( never heard of this one before)

Thanks ever so much

silverxx12
    Excerpt from a search on the web for NMS
    "NMS (National Market System) - Refers to over-the-counter trading. System of Trading OTC stocks under the sponsorship of the NASD. Must meet certain criteria for size, profitability and trading activity. More comprehensive information is available for NMS stocks than for non-NMS stocks traded OTC (high, low, and last-sale prices, cumulative volume figures, and Bid and Ask quotations throughout the day). This is due to the fact that Market makers must Report the actual price and number of Shares in each Transaction within 90 seconds verses nonreal-time reporting for non-NMS stocks (thus, last Sale prices and minute-to-minute volume updates are not possible)."
    As to all the US stock exchanges listed by eSignal you can find them in the Symbol Lookup
    Alex

Comment

Wow that was quick - one other thing what are the BB & OTC stocks i thought that everything was included under nyse, nasdaq and amex ??

Comment

Bulletin Board (BB) and Over-The-Counter (OTC) stocks are sent through NASDAQ as well. Pretty much any US-traded stock you're looking for will come through either NYSE, AMEX or NASD so if you subscribe to all 3, you'll be covered.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X