Charting display problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charting display problem

I just learned about Euro Futures and tried to build a chart. Why is the Parabolic SAR so far out of whack? (I attached a trimmed chart. I was unable to attach a full chart because of the attachment size limit. If you give me an address to send to I will forward the full chart snapshot. The file's size is 205K.)

Why can't I change the price scale on the right. I can stretch it fine but the prices displayed are never more granular than 100 points.

Also, I am experiencing a data lag on this chart. The snapshot was taken at 8:12 am PT but the last data displayed is from before 8:00. This lag is common on my other charts, too. Last night I was unable to get data for this symbol until my third try.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Attached Files

This is a bug in eSignal as mentioned in this thread. We hope to have this resolved in a future version of eSignal.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay. I understand the problam with Parabolic SAR.

What about the data lag? It's as if I get a snapshot when I open the chart and no more live data - no matter how long the chart is open. I copied an existing chart to create this new one and the original (ESH4 5-min) works fine.

Also, what about changing the price scale?

BTW I'm running eSignal 7.5.

Thanks again.

Comment

OK, I'm a little red-faced.

The reason the charts weren't displaying any data is because my account wasn't enabled for that symbol. That problem is solved as is adjusting the price scale. I also bought a faster computer -- one that meets the Power User definition. Everything seems to run fine now except for the Parabolic SAR study. Also, I still see 99% cpu usage occasionally but it's not enough to alter my system clock anymore.

Comment

Working...
        X