Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much historical data does eSignal carry?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much historical data does eSignal carry?

We get asked this question just about everyday so I thought it would be helpful to make it a sticky post under this Forum for an extended period of time. While we are actively working on expanding our interval data further in 2004, here are the current figures:

Current thresholds of eSignal History Data

Thanks.

When will intra day data of more than 60 days be nade available to 3rd party software. I use Advanced charts for trading but tradestation with OnDemand Server for testing as easylanguage is I skill I have while javascript is not.

By the way, a more comprehenside Wizard to write indicaters and signal testing would go a long way. I'd love to get rid of TS.

Tom

Comment

Great timing! We made the changes to our servers just this week to allow 3p's the ability to get the full 120 days. We'll be updating that FAQ today.

Regarding EFS, we are working on EFS2, which will be more macro like and much easier for us non-programmers. We expect to release it this year at some point.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott, I use OnDemandServer, will they need to make a change in their software or will whatever you have done just release more data?

Comment

As far as I know, the extra data is now accessible to 3p's and I'm not aware of any specific changes they need to make to support the addt'l 3 months of intraday history. There might be a setting in the software or they could have something coded into the 3p that we're not aware of. Best to just try it out and if you have problems, contact the 3p.

Thanks.

Comment

FWIW to confirm what Scott announced I have successfully downloaded 120 days of data with the ActiveX Plugin, Metastock Data On Demand and Qcollector
            Alex

Comment

Need at least 180 days of data

Hi!

I love very much Esignal and i thin it is best data feed provider but
              to make good systems it is need to backtest at least 180 days of intraday data for American Futures CME.

Best regards,
              Alex

Comment

1 Year of Intraday For FOREX

Please add in the future release 1 year intraday data for FOREX or allow loading historical data (Intraday) in eSignal would help a lots. I love eSignal interface and charts but I'm stuck with 120 days intraday data.

Thanks.

Comment

We are aiming for at least 2 years of intraday data and are storing the extra data (beyond 120 days) internally at this time. We are in the process of re-designing our tick servers to deliver this data more efficiently and once that's done, we'll release the extended history data. Hopefully Q2 or Q3 of 2005.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,

Very good news indeed! Can you tell me how many days of data you will have when this change is made...or if it is easiser how much extra data (above 120 days) you have stored now?

Thanks!

Garth
                    Garth

Comment

Hi Garth,

The goal is 2 years for intraday interval data and we've been storing beyond 120 days since Jan 04. Once the new intraday servers are in place, we should be able to launch with at least 1 year of history and possibly closer to 2 years. Still have design and testing phases ahead so can't make any guarantees at this stage but wanted users to know we are heading in this direction.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,

This is great news for us system designers.

Thanks,

Garth
                        Garth

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
                          Great timing! We made the changes to our servers just this week to allow 3p's the ability to get the full 120 days. We'll be updating that FAQ today.

Regarding EFS, we are working on EFS2, which will be more macro like and much easier for us non-programmers. We expect to release it this year at some point.

Thanks.
                          Regarding EFS2 - was it release last year, as stated in Scott's quote ? If not, when ?

Wolraad.

Comment

EFS2 is currently being actively beta tested by a select group of experienced EFS users. We hope to have it ready for release with 7.9 (Mar/Apr 05) or 8.0 (Q3 05)) this year.

Thanks.

Comment

Any update on historical intraday?

Any update on when the legendary server update will occur? I've already cancelled my ESignal account but may consider returning if this promise of two years of historical intraday data moves from myth to reality.

Comment

Working...
                              X