Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much historical data does eSignal carry?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internally, we continue to make progress on this project and it remains a very high priority. We have to add a new mass storage system and re-design how users grab data so it's not a quick fix but we're pretty pleased with what we think we'll get in the end and I think customers will be as well. We can't promise a date until we are a little further along but we do realize lots of customers are waiting for extended intraday history.

Thanks.

Comment

Dear ScottJ,

As far as extended intraday history is not available as a service, can I buy (as an eSignal customer) extended intraday history data for the US Indexes (30 minutes OHLC):
      $SPX, $VIX, $DJX, $VXD, $NDX, $VXN, $OEX, VXO
      AS a ONE-TIME purchase, directly from aSignal (Data Broadcasting Corporation)???

I appreciate your comment on availability.
      Regards,
      Ilya.

Comment

Eurex History

Looking at the table which shows the history available for the various categories it says 120 days intraday for International Futures but I seem to be getting only 60 days for Eurex (DTB) eg Dax, ESTX, SMI, BOBL etc. The FTSE seems ok for 120 days on EEI. Is this correct or is it something I need to take up with support. I'm sure I was getting 120 days before the summer.

Thanks
        Rob

Comment

Rob,

We are in the process of rolling out new tick servers in preparation for 8.1 and we are running into some issues. Some databases, on some servers, don't currently have the full 120 days of data. Our engineering team is working on it and likely will all weekend. Hopefully, we'll get past all the issues by Monday, if not very soon thereafter.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Ilya,

Sorry for the delayed response. Just saw your post today. Unfortunately, we do not have data on CD that we can provide you.

Thanks.

Originally posted by nolik
            Dear ScottJ,

As far as extended intraday history is not available as a service, can I buy (as an eSignal customer) extended intraday history data for the US Indexes (30 minutes OHLC):
            $SPX, $VIX, $DJX, $VXD, $NDX, $VXN, $OEX, VXO
            AS a ONE-TIME purchase, directly from aSignal (Data Broadcasting Corporation)???

I appreciate your comment on availability.
            Regards,
            Ilya.

Comment

Scott

Thanks for the quick response ref the database history thing.

Cheers
              Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,

We want to be sure we're addressing each issue with our tick history servers so please verify you are still only seeing 60 days on some issues and then shoot me a PM with your username so we can see what server(s) you are connecting to.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott

Done.

Have a good weekend (if you get one!).

Cheers
                  Rob

Comment

Scott

Seems to be sorted now.

Thanks
                    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
                      Hi Rob,

I can appreciate that you'd like to know exactly when we'll have the extended history available. We have every intention of implementing "years" of intraday history but the landscape has changed several times, dictating that other projects be given higher priority.

The acquisition of FutureSource in late 2004 and Quote.com in Mar of this year represent two events that caused a shuffling of some of our priorities. Quote.com has years of minute history so we're closer than ever in being able to introduce addt'l data w/in eSignal. I can't give a specific ETA but it remains an important project for us.

Thanks for your patience.
                      Just curious what the current ETA is for historical Intraday data on eSignal & QCharts? In 2002, I was told "soon." In 2003, I was told, "we're working on it-soon." Well, now 2007 is almost over and QC6.0 will be rolled out soon and it still does not have more than a few month's historical data.

Is this really going to happen? If so, when?
                      Thanks,
                      Carol

Comment

Hi Carol,

Before the end of 2007, Tick data will be expanded from 10 days to 2 years, and intraday bar data will be extended from 120 days to over 10 years (for most US issues). This new data will first be released to QCharts users as part of the transition to the eSignal network and then it will be made available to eSignal users either by year-end as well or shortly into 08.

Thanks.

Comment

you can use the time template to specify

Comment

Any date launch for the 2 years of tick data (I am assuming that is about 500 days)? Will you have the full 23:15 minute long day of tick data for the ES (SPX Emini futures)? Thanks.

Originally posted by ScottJ
                            Hi Carol,

Before the end of 2007, Tick data will be expanded from 10 days to 2 years, and intraday bar data will be extended from 120 days to over 10 years (for most US issues). This new data will first be released to QCharts users as part of the transition to the eSignal network and then it will be made available to eSignal users either by year-end as well or shortly into 08.

Thanks.

Comment

We've had a few delays but the release should be imminent. Once we get an exact week for the release, we'll announce here.

Yes, I would expect we'd have about 500 days for 2 years and the entire day would be present. I haven't actually seen the expanded data yet so I can't be 100% sure yet.

Thanks.

Comment

You said "We've had a few delays but the release should be imminent."

Does imminent mean a few days, weeks or a few months? I need to get 2006 amd 2007 ES tick data and work rather not have to buy itsince I had it and already pay eSignal but I can not wait a month to complete my tests.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X