Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much historical data does eSignal carry?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, I can't provide a more specific time frame. The intention was to release before year-end and that could still happen.

Thanks.

Comment

Unfort that leaves me blind. If I had to wait a week or 2 I would wait but the end of year could put the tick data availability as far as 5 weeks away, if eSignal hits that target. Is there anyone I can speak with to get either a firmer date or potentially a file emailed to me with the 2 yerars data since you have been collecting it for the upgrade anyway? Thanks.

Comment

You are looking for a tremendous amount of tick data when you are talking about the eminis for 2 years. Even once we have the servers ready, I would expect that grabbing that much data will take quite some time (and may actually not be possible w/o timeouts). I don't have an easy way to grab that data either so I would reluctantly suggest you look at another source.

Thanks.

Comment

Will forex data be also available for longer periods? I'm interested in NZD/USD 60 Min bars for the past couple of years?
          By the way. If you do have this data, is it possible to purchase it now without waiting for some time?
          Last edited by ptsim; 12-04-2007, 08:47 AM.

Comment

I could load a chart with a quarter at a time thus eliminating the concern oif a time out but thanks for the heads up. I wish I had an ETA when the tick data would be available. Please keep me updated. Thanks.

Comment

Will the expanded tick data include the fdax also?

Thanks

Comment

Anything new if and when the extended fdax data will be available?

Happy holidays
                Matt

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
                  Before the end of 2007, Tick data will be expanded from 10 days to 2 years, and intraday bar data will be extended from 120 days to over 10 years (for most US issues). This new data will first be released to QCharts users as part of the transition to the eSignal network and then it will be made available to eSignal users either by year-end as well or shortly into 08.
                  Any update on this ScottJ? I would love to get accurate, complete 1 min. bar OHLC data/charts back 2 years! I can only get about 5 days now!!! See my post in "Servers have different data?" thread. Thanks.

Comment

Hi all,

Unfortunately, we've had another delay in deploying the new extended tick history systems. We need to first roll-out a new version of the exisiting tick servers and that won't be completed until end of Feb. In late March, we should be able to start the process and begin to give QCharts users access to a subset of the data (US equities) that will eventually be supported.

In Q2/Q3, we should make enough progress to release more data types and for additional products (like eSignal).

This project has clearly become far more complicated than originally planned and we apologize for these multiple delays.

We will post another update in Feb as to where we stand.

Thanks.

Comment

ScottJ any update on this? I really need more than 120 days of intraday data (1 min. charts) for ES #F symbol and it seems the project keeps getting delayed. Thanks.

Comment

ScottJ,

On 09-12-2007 you posted about back data being extended to 2 and 10 years respecitely. Since then it has been postponed/delayed and no progress has been made. In addition we as loyal customers have been kept in the dark about the true release date.

Please let me know when the ES #F will be upgraded to include 2 years of tick data for eSignal customers. Thank you.

Comment

Let me just add the fdax to your inquiry :-)
                          Thanks
                          Matt

Originally posted by trend
                          ScottJ,

On 09-12-2007 you posted about back data being extended to 2 and 10 years respecitely. Since then it has been postponed/delayed and no progress has been made. In addition we as loyal customers have been kept in the dark about the true release date.

Please let me know when the ES #F will be upgraded to include 2 years of tick data for eSignal customers. Thank you.

Comment

Hey all,

We've made some important changes to how we handle tick storage and resolved an issue that was introduced in the last version of our tick server. The new code is in the lab and should be rolled out over the next 4-6 weeks. The new code will initially be for QCharts users but eSignal users should not be far behind to take advantage of it.

I'm more confident than ever that we're close. It certainly will be a welcome project to call "completed"

Thanks for all your continued patience.

Comment

Will forex data be also extened?
                              I'm interested in Hourly data for GBP/USD, EUR/USD, USD/CHF, NZD/USD and others from 2005.
                              Is it possible to purchase this data now?

Comment

Yes, we are storing additional forex data as well so we'll be able to provide at least a year or two upon initial release. Unfortunately, we don't have a mechanism at present to sell or provide that extended history until the new servers are in production. We hope to release by end of the year.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X